HUD/UI Mockup Suggestion

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

spielkind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2009

really impressed

Tuul

08-16-2009

im probably in the minority, but i like my hud in games to look all stoney and fantasy-esque.

Not ttooo streamlined... reminds me im on a computer instead of a fantasy world..... i know im weird like that.

Pandemic Smiles

08-16-2009

Hackman, your first two UIs were impressive, but the cluster**** of information in the top-left is unreadable if I just want to glance at it, and most of it isn't important 99% of the time.

Your most recent one throws a giant minimap inside my field of view. That is annoying and you're not even doing anything with the space in the bottom-right anyway. Oh and the chat is sitting in the middle of nowhere.
Map: keep it in the bottom-right.
Chat: keep it in the bottom-left. It can afford to be narrower, and the height of the minimap (or a bit taller).

As for level-up buttons: where would they go (except on the first HUD)? Abilities and health needs to be swapped, also means I don't have to move my cursor as far to view my tooltips.
Furthermore, don't let the ability buttons get too small or it takes a lot more time to mouseover them + read tooltips.

Juro

08-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuul View Post
im probably in the minority, but i like my hud in games to look all stoney and fantasy-esque.

Not ttooo streamlined... reminds me im on a computer instead of a fantasy world..... i know im weird like that.
I completely agree....this just looks like WoW UI mods. Do not want. Stick with the current design. Make more options to the ui, or open mod support. I just play with the current UI and scale it down, can see all the information clearly and fine, with plenty of room for viewing the game field.

HaCkMaN

09-06-2009

Just another more, maybe some ideas finally see the light officially .

PD\ The ? sign in the health/mana bar of an enemy champion should be shown for champions out of friendly vision range.

Drizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2009

i like the UI to have some personality. definately wouldnt want the default UI to look all minmialist but i guess theres no reason it couldnt be an option. i like UIs where you see them and instantly know the game

plasmatorture

09-06-2009

I like the first one and the last one the best, haha. Last one is amazing.

TheHeretic

09-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaCkMaN View Post
Just another more, maybe some ideas finally see the light officially .

PD\ The ? sign in the health/mana bar of an enemy champion should be shown for champions out of friendly vision range.
Thats really, really good. The buffs are in a poor place but overall its ****ing amazing.

The best route for the game is to allow for custom interfaces ala. WoW. Everyone has their preferences and its amazing how willing people are to program in new UI's.

ERazER

09-07-2009

This is definitely better than the current UI.

Cripple

09-07-2009

I like the hero informations on the last one.

This hud needs to have some info about the current target.

Buff's icon size is pretty good.

1234567 ... 10