HUD/UI Mockup Suggestion

First Riot Post
12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaCkMaN

08-15-2009

Just playing around with the elements of the hud and trying to get a "clean & minimalistic" look. Maybe it's a bit later for a total HUD Remake, but i think that there are a few things that can be tweaked .

Emrot

08-15-2009

That's a great look! You can definitely see a lot more, and all the HUD information's still there.

I like having the health bar in the center, where it's more visible. What do you think about swapping the chat area to the lower left corner and putting the character portrait in the center, and putting the health/mana bars above the character portrait/skills?

HaCkMaN

08-15-2009

Something like this?

Emrot

08-15-2009

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking! I really like it. It puts the information I really care about (my health) front and center. It also leaves a big area by the buffs, which could be . They could expand that and give buffs a separate window from debuffs, so it's easier to see when you're stunned/snared.

Have you thought about what you could do with the enemy selection bar? The one that shows the health of the enemy and their buffs/debuffs when you target them?

Kaitor

08-15-2009

That's a great interface indeed, i'd use it, but i see some problems...

This interface lacks a bit of personality, it can be any game and that's actually not that good for a video game.

But if riot allow some type of interface modification in the future i'd love to see this one becoming real =D

Emrot

08-15-2009

That's true, it's probably a bit bare for the default appearance. Hopefully they'll make something like this an option, though.

They have said that the HUD will be (actually, it currently is) modifiable. You just have to decompile the flash elements used, then recompile them into the form you want. It's a bit of work to get set up.

Kaitor

08-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrot View Post
That's true, it's probably a bit bare for the default appearance. Hopefully they'll make something like this an option, though.

They have said that the HUD will be (actually, it currently is) modifiable. You just have to decompile the flash elements used, then recompile them into the form you want. It's a bit of work to get set up.
That's actually quite easy =P but since it's not an official way i preffer not to try it =P

If some staff could tell me if i can modify the interface now i would be glad trying to do this one =D

HaCkMaN

08-15-2009

A few changes...

Rayven

UX Designer

08-15-2009
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Hi all, I've been lurking a bit and wanted to introduce myself. I'm the new UI Designer at Riot.

I've only been here 3 weeks, but we are already planning some wide-ranging usability changes which include the HUD.

I just wanted to chime in and encourage this sort of work b/c we see it and it helps...so thanks!

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

08-15-2009
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Get rid of those minimap buttons and you're golden.

Edit: The second one is AMAZING. ESPECIALLY if you can fit the enemy info in the bottom left, in that open spot. It'd be SO MUCH EASIER to just look left at enemy stats then go all the way to the top

12345 ... 10