Need Some Help With Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UJustGotStuffed

02-10-2011

I've been playing Ashe a decent amount recently. I've been doing ok, but keep running into trouble with champs like irelia and especially yi. He just alpha strikes to me in team fights and i can't kite because he can't be slowed. Most of the time I can't out dps him and he 2 shots me. Any advice/tatics? Thanks.

HungryKarnage

02-10-2011

One thing to learn about Ashe is that she is the range carry who needs the most support, and for good reason. If you look at her skill-set, you will see right away that she has low burst capacity, no escapes, and no way to improve her auto-attack damage output.

Simply put, you have no way to deal with any champ that can negate your kiting ability. Not only Yi, but others like Pantheon, Irelia, Xin Zhao, Kass and Akali are all examples of champs that can close the distance instantly even if they are slowed by your frost arrows. You WILL need help to kill them (unless you are overfarmed in comparison), and your best hope if you see one approaching is to kite with volley as you maintain a huge gap between yourself and them. For Kass and Yi, you will most likely have to retreat altogether as even max range volleys won't keep them from killing you.

For dealing with Yi specifically, run Flash as a summoner. Most Yi's don't carry Flash, and your only real escape from a ghosted Highlander Yi is to Flash over a wall. You just cannot outrun him, even with movement 3 shoes and a Phantom Dancer. In teamfights, where a smart Yi will always focus you, stick a bit closer to the main group than you would normally do, and inform any hard CCers in the mix that Yi is coming for you. You need someone to hard cc him when he comes for the kill, and burn him down during the snare. That is all you can really do, sadly.

Lawrry

02-11-2011

your teammates better learn to support you. if theres a ranged carry on my team and someone attacks them, i switch enemies and run and help my carry.

i make sure to always put myself between my carry and enemies if i am tanking.

also i make sure im close to my carry where if someone flashes or rushes my carry that i can go and back them up immediately.