Deny Plank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The KSer

02-10-2011

Hey Guys,

I've been wondering about Gangplank. I've been spamming my w quite a lot to deny exp. But, I find it too easy to run out of mana then. What do I do? I'm not yet 20, so I'm not using runes. How do I regen my mana fast enough? Thnks.

HeyWhatsDude

02-10-2011

Start with meki pendant since you probably don't have mp/5 runes. Do not spam your E all the time, instead, wait until a minion is pretty low health, then use it. That way, you still deny exp, but you conserve mana a little more.

gallantgreg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2011

W is your heal. Don't spam it too much early on since it doesn't do much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyWhatsDude View Post
Start with meki pendant since you probably don't have mp/5 runes. Do not spam your E all the time, instead, wait until a minion is pretty low health, then use it. That way, you still deny exp, but you conserve mana a little more.
Just grab a Chalice if you really feel the need for some mana regen. Although base mana regen got buffed and runes/masteries got nerfed so spamming E in the lane should be even easier than before. Denying a minion at high or low hp does not change how much mana it costs...

Oh and don't use parrrley when it is at lvl 1, the mana cost for the 4g is not worth it.

Carados

02-10-2011

Start with Sapphire Crystal, build into Tear. You should keep 175 mana up at all times past 6, 75 before six.

The KSer

02-10-2011

Oh Sorry, I meant E. Not the heal. Stupid me. Well what should the tear build into? Manamune?

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The KSer View Post
Oh Sorry, I meant E. Not the heal. Stupid me. Well what should the tear build into? Manamune?
Unless you build AP-plank... obviously Manamune.

Siky

02-10-2011

Meki Pendant is enough, no need to force yourself to buy more items. Getting ahead by 2 levels early is worth it enough for the Meki Pendant and you can just sell it and still function absolutely fine while spamming your skills.

Don't build Tear or Chalice, they're cheap, but you don't need them for any reason.

LoveYuRi

02-10-2011

Just keep denying and then go back once in a while. I dont have mp/5 or meki pendant and i can still deny pretty well.

Just dont use any other skills besides deny until you can recall back and get more critl items.
GP is pretty usless until you get critl soo his Q can actually do massive damage

The KSer

02-10-2011

Well, I also use his Q to last hit. I find it very effective to get my extra gold faster. what do you think about that?

Carados

02-10-2011

Tear into Manamune is the correct build, it gives the most damage early game and the most denies. Building a chalice is just saying "Hey, I'm not even pretending to be helpful."

Plus the fact is at six you need to have half of your mana bar saved for your ult and your escape.

Sapphire Crystal is a more efficient starting item then Meki, though.