Dodge System

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Michelle Zen

Member

01-21-2010

I'm sorry, I'm completely aware that this has already been posted on the mechanics thread, but can someone put up a post about the mathematical formulas or mechanics at work here behind the dodge system? Or the theory it's related to?

It makes no sense, you get 10% dodge from runes, and then the ninja tabis give you a 11% dodge,

11+([100-11]x0.1)=19.9%

Where did the earlier 10% go?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grake

Senior Member

01-21-2010

I'm confused by this, but i found using nidalee that dodge had a strange system.

Curiousity bump.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kersei

Senior Member

01-21-2010

Basically, if you don't dodge from the first 10%, then you have a 11% chance to dodge from the 2nd source of it. Just conditional probability.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phonechecked

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-21-2010

It's more like if you start with 10% dodge there is only 90% left to dodge. so you take 11% of 90% and then add that to the 10% so forth and so on


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

scrubout

Member

01-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Zen View Post
11+([100-11]x0.1)=19.9%

Where did the earlier 10% go?
There it is!

Your % to dodge does not combine together, they are taken seperately. (There's a list somewhere explaining which dodge factors take effect first.)

So, you 10% from runes and 11% from Tabi. Tabi goes first. An attack comes at you, you have a 89% chance to get hit, and an 11% chance to evade via Tabi. If the attack passes this check and hits you, then you do another check for the runes.... a 90% chance to get hit and a 10% chance to dodge.

If you try to express that with math, it looks like you have a (1 - .11)*(1 - .10) = 80.1% chance to get hit, and a 19.9% chance to dodge.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMKH

Senior Member

01-21-2010

**** this is good to know, since my Jax relies heavily on dodge. What is the max amount of dodge you can possibly get anyways?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xalerwons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKH View Post
**** this is good to know, since my Jax relies heavily on dodge. What is the max amount of dodge you can possibly get anyways?

77% from 6x Phantom Dancers, Runes, Masteries

79% for Jax


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Michelle Zen

Member

01-21-2010

0_0" **** that's some complex maths... I'll try to work this out. I'm sure something in the compound interest section of maths will help me here to layout the foundation for the formula...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kersei

Senior Member

01-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Zen View Post
0_0" **** that's some complex maths... I'll try to work this out. I'm sure something in the compound interest section of maths will help me here to layout the foundation for the formula...
It's not that, it's just conditional probability.

Chance to dodge = chance to dodge from source 1
+ chance to dodge from source 2 given no dodge from 1
+ chance to dodge from source 3 given no dodge from 1 or 2
... etc


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katakylsm

Senior Member

01-21-2010

Either way Jax is rather op when you're playing an auto attack champion, and beyond that one that actually relies on your auto attacks for things, such as Warwick who NEEDS to hit to have any benefit of his lifesteal and beyond that his ulti.


12