Defeat Defeat Defeat Defeat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stillhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

Don't forget that you have a hidden Elo rank in Normal mode. LoL uses this to match you up against appropriate opponents. You'll start to find that after you lose a bunch of games in a row, you'll get a bunch of easy games and win a bunch in a row.

I wouldn't stress it. Just try to learn as much as possible, even from losses. Especially from losses. And remember to accept responsibility for your mistakes. It's a team game and everyone contributes to a win or loss.

Validan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

I just checked out my W/L ratio, and I noticed that my first few games were all losses. Once you begin to really understand the game, you'll get much better at it, and be able to do what I did last night. 5v5, one of our guys was just chilling at the base, so it turned into a 4v5, and we still won.

If you find good players in a random game, talk to them in game, and if you guys click, invite them afterwards. Having a few good friends in a game with you can drastically improve your odds.

Marlowe7789

02-07-2011

I have about 400 games played and my record is still below .500, but I noticed a big change recently. I think I've won around 20 out of the past 23 or so, and I think part of it is due to having good runes/masteries, but also that you tend to know by now which champs you're good with.

If I play Lux, Shaco, Mundo, Shen, etc. I would bet my winning % is pretty high.

If I play Jax, Karthus, etc. I suck balls.

Also in solo queue there is always the chance you just get an awful team...not much you can do about that.

YourRoleModel

02-07-2011

My longest win streaks were 10 and 11 in a row. My longest losing streaks were 10 and 12 in a row.

At 12 in a row losing, I was ready to murder someone.

Most of the time, I win 55% of my games. I'm currently 15 games over 500 at about 190-175

Try to observe what your game tendencies are and let your teammates know, in game, how you'd like to see the game play out (kindly).

I try to let my team know that I'm a late-game carry and that we can be slightly behind at early-mid game and still win, but, not to get discouraged or feed early, since we can steamroll late if we're even with them.

Little things like this keep the ragers from AFKing or quitting or tanking the game when you're down one tower and 2 kills at 11 minutes in.