Is Hyrbrid AP/AD kennen viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShifuG

02-05-2011

i was thinking of items like hextech,malady,madreds, stuff that would round out ap/ad along with some attack speed. is this viable at all or should just AP be raised?

Cha0shift

02-05-2011

I have tried Hybrid Kennen and the I think most people like the AP build is just because its eaiser. Honestly Hybrid Kennen dosent work well because of his health/armor. He just cant take much of a hit, but if your playing against a team where they like to target the biggest thing on the screen (Cho gath) then try it out. Here is what I use...

Boots of Swiftness/Berzerker Greaves, Death Cap, Infinity Edge/BloodThirster, Rageblade, GunBlade, Crystal Septer

The build is expesnive and hard to complete, but unless you get stunned/targeted you will be enjoying your quads and if you grab red buff and pop your ulti in a full team fight maybe even some pentas.

And dont grab Infinity Edge if they have Armor, grab Blood Thirster.

Pirenome

02-19-2011

hybrid is ok, i use to play him hybrid but found ap much better for the team, especially with his ult. Ap also works very well higher elo. Great harrass so maximize it.

ZXPrototype

02-19-2011

He has no natural abilties which makes AD work. If you look at AD carries, they all have something which augments their AD abilities (increaed IAS normally)

Your only damage from attacks is W passive which gives you a lightning attack every 5th attack. Not worth building attack speed.

ldfhndfjkndh

02-19-2011

Not at all.

I've never understood why some people get Guinsoo's and Hextech on him. He has no AD abilities, and his role in team fights is to stun everything and do some decent burst damage. The most building him hybrid will do is MAYBE net you an extra killl or two early-mid game by autoattacking stragglers who survive your combo.

AP Kennen all the way, and don't let any hipster tell you otherwise...lol.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldfhndfjkndh View Post
Not at all.

I've never understood why some people get Guinsoo's and Hextech on him
Guinsoo's is fine.

Kennen casts a lot and his autoattack can also apply mark every 5(?) attacks.

Therefore it is easy to maintain 8 stacks of rageblade for efficient AP and some more Aspd for more autoattack marks when his abilities are in cd.

GiGoLoW

02-20-2011

I wouldn't recommend Hybrid Kennen at all. But i think Rageblade on Kennen works well especially against Towers mybe together with a Lichbane.

All in all AP Kennen > Hybrid > AS/AD