Ryze as of 1/19/10

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grinningsphinx

01-20-2010

this build works very well for me...your playstyle may vary

Try a 9/0/21 build with a full page of CD runes( -14.82)

Meki Pendant X2 Heal Pots(I have had some success with both lane mates getting Mana Manip--but MM doesnt build to anything useful later on)
Shoes
Pendant to Codex
Sorc shoes

Chalice ONLY if your having mana issues, or someone on your team is hoggin' Golem Buff(rude) Sell this later on when mana isnt an issue

Codex to Deathfire Grasp(Extremely important for CD redux and nuking down someone stacking health)

Abyssal Scepter in any order you choose

Void Staff in any order you choose

Zhonyas Ring

if the game goes that long or your just wrecking peoples faces in,

another Zhonyas or Archangels staff

Best lane partner by far: Blitzcrank...pull to Rune Prison etc is GG

Anyone else with a lengthy ranged disable is awesome here as well (Sion, Taric, Fiddle)

I start with SF, then to RP, then to OL...Then i build SF for harrass, then RP, then DP..etc...SF is going to be your main harass and farm and is key to killing someone early...learn to bounce! I have also found this skill to be fooking buggy as hell, often giving no bounce even when theres clearly other targets...ive also seen insane long distance bounces. One time i killed a retreating Sivir that had completely run past her own turret and i was outside of its range.../shrug.

My attack order is USUALLY:

Desperate Power, Rune Prison, Deathfire Grasp, SpellFlux, Overload, Flash to safety, circle and kite, Rune Prison, whatever else you have up.

Always stay behind your tanks and always let them iniatiate.....never roam on your own, your **** squishy~! Your target priority should be anyone who you can reach who has the lowest hps..only target tanks if there are no other targets....You need to kill someone quick off the bat and make sure your team has the upper hand while your spells are cycling.

Xalerwons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2010

So basically you can be 2shot by any competent equally geared carry?

object

01-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalerwons View Post
This.

Grovel

01-21-2010

Quote:
What does Ryze do after he blows his Ulti rotation anyway?

Xalerwons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovel View Post
What does Ryze do after he blows his Ulti rotation anyway?
You know with maxed CD reduction he can go Q, W, E, R (get this before Q lands), wait 1 sec, Q, 1 sec, E, 1 sec, W

So he needs to be alive for at least 4 seconds to go through all of his abilities twice, which is well over 2000 aoe damage without any AP besides his ultimate.

Voidgolem

01-21-2010

Mana manipulator > Soul Shroud.

Behold, not (as) squishy anymore and still has CDR >.>

Xalerwons

01-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
Mana manipulator > Soul Shroud.

Behold, not (as) squishy anymore and still has CDR >.>
So he can be 3 shot.

Void Staff is bad and worse than Abyssal Sceptor unless the enemy team has over 150 MR. Likely only one person (really zero) would ever have that much, and he'd be the last person to die anyways, and not by your hands.

Abyssal Sceptor is terrible with a champion that debuffs enemies by 75 MR to begin with.

The 2500 gold it takes to make abyssal sceptor could be used to make 2x catalysts, which provides +65 damage to OL anyways, and gives another 580 hp and gives you longer laning duration.

Hikaratu

01-22-2010

Math is really bad for people who don't understand game mechanics as well. The most a spell flux may reduce a heros mr by is 45 as the most bounces per flux that will hit a single hero is 3, and his ultimate makes the damage aoe, the debuff still only applies to units the flux itself bounces to. While void staff is still ussually a bad pick, at least get your facts straight, and sceptre is reduction not penetration so it is never BAD to stack it with someone that reduces someones mr, if you REDUCE a hero with 40 mr by 60 they do go into -mr and take EXTRA damage. The gold could possibly be spent better, that's not what i'm argueing here.

@op people are right, stacking ap on ryze is ******ed as all hell. CD reduc and tanking items(frozen heart with the right runes/masteries will cap your cd reduction and up your survival nicely., archangels is the only ap item you should ussually ever touch unless people just have tons of mr on the other team for some reason. RoA too if you get to a sufficient tankiness that you don't end up needing the more focus'd tanking items in your slots.

Grinningsphinx

01-22-2010

Quote:
So he can be 3 shot.

Void Staff is bad and worse than Abyssal Sceptor unless the enemy team has over 150 MR. Likely only one person (really zero) would ever have that much, and he'd be the last person to die anyways, and not by your hands.

Abyssal Sceptor is terrible with a champion that debuffs enemies by 75 MR to begin with.

The 2500 gold it takes to make abyssal sceptor could be used to make 2x catalysts, which provides +65 damage to OL anyways, and gives another 580 hp and gives you longer laning duration.

Please read how Magic Reduction and Magic Penetration apply....Most people who know nothing about the game have your opinion....The post at the top of the guides and strats page explains it.

As well, your TOTALLY not taking into account that its the Scepter aura that helps my team deliver there damage as well and is pretty key to turning an Iffy team fight into a devastation with Spell Flux.

Thanx.

Drogon IV

01-22-2010

i never worry about Cool down runes, mostly i use full AP Runes. More damage is your best friend. the reason i say that because you cant cast spells on Towers.