Heimerdinger, I feel like hes useless

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rice Eskimo

02-05-2011

I like Heimer, but throughout my experience playing him I can't seem to kill anyone and protect myself from certain death.

When people decide they want to kill me (I'm 100% HP) they can kill me on the whim of the thought. This is a 1 vs 1 situation. Ganks would be automatic deaths for me.

I have two turrets down, I press my Ultimate (It slows movement speed of enemies)
They still kill me.
I try to aim precisely for my grenade to stun..
They still kill me, stun or no stun.

BTW, my turrets seem to love attacking minions instead of champions..
I am focusing down a champion, I lay down some turrets, they attack minions..

I get ganked, I press Ultimate to slow, the turrets slow the minions..
WTF? Is there a way to control these turrets to attack what heimer is attacking?

Cause the threat level between a champion vs a minion is significant -.-

I regret purchasing this champion as my first champ..
I thought it would have been a lot better..

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-05-2011

Heimer's turrets focus the same targeting mechanics as minions and regular turrets. They'll focus minions unless there is a 'call from help' from an allied champion, in which case they'll attack minions or champions attacking that champion. (They'll target the champion if both are attacking you.) You cannot control who the turrets attack by any means other than their placement.

Brohammad

02-05-2011

Heimerdinger is a very powerful hero, but very hard to get used to.

He's squishy, and there's not really a good way around it.

Honestly, when playing him I try to AVOID 1v1 situations at all costs, with a summoner spell, or a stun and run.

ryzeonline

02-05-2011

I'll see if I can get Oneironaut to come explain the power of the Heimer, he's been rocking with him hard lately.

Marlowe7789

02-07-2011

Heimer is far from useless. His turrets give him some of the best push in the game while he pokes well with his grenade and rockets. If you find yourself dying a lot it's likely your playstyle.

If you are in the side or mid don't overextend without backup or unless you can see all the enemy heroes. Side lanes are even easier, place your turrets on the outside toward river as opposed to the brush and place them so they have a good range of protection. If you get ganked you should be able to ult and use the brush/summoners spells to escape.

Use flash/ghost if you feel like you need max escape...and also wards will prevent 99% of all normal ganks

CTHDRL

02-07-2011

Heimer is the closest thing this game has to an "instant win" champ.

You only need a semi-competent player as Heim and a barely competent team to get massively fed and push invincibly.

Stillhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
Heimer is the closest thing this game has to an "instant win" champ.

You only need a semi-competent player as Heim and a barely competent team to get massively fed and push invincibly.
Wow. That was unhelpful.

Thrawn1138

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

You have to be defensive!! Until you get your Ult, you are in constant danger. Just a few quick tips:

Max your turrets and your micro rockets. They are your best output of damage.

Always stay close to your turrets as they are your only means of defense, and remember if you are attacked then they will attack your aggressor...so ult for more AOE and slow.

Only get one point in your grenade b/c it is useful for stunning and blinding only. Mass ability power and make sure to get RYLAIS CRYSTAL SCEPTER!!! You will be able to slow and you will have good ability power.

Good Luck and Have Fun!!!!

PS make sure to put your turrets far enough apart so they don't get hit by area of effect spells but close enough together that they hit the same target.

PopQuizHotShot

02-08-2011

A 1v1 champ fight with Heimer should involve Heimer with 2 turrets already down and the enemy champ with 40% hp and because of that you should win easy.

Heimer has amazing poke skills in addition to pushing which is his strong suit. His rockets have a ridiculous range and hits 100% of the the time. Spam missiles constantly and grenade the enemy occasionally but you really want to save the grenade for when the enemy champ rushes you (if melee). Then you drop the grenade on yourself+enemy and if the enemy is not stunned then he is blinded and useless for a few seconds. Autoattack him and use missiles when they come up and the enemy champ should die or be running for his life. If it's a ranged caster type champ then just poke away with missiles, Heimer can run around and dodge while hitting the enemy with missiles, most ranged champs have to aim and whatnot so you will do more damage to them.

Also keep in mind that Heimer is an aoe pusher/mage character. You are not supposed to kill champs 1v1. That is not your role. You push turrets, farm minions, add in a bit of dps and help your team by grenading enemies. You are not trying to kill enemy champs, you want them to go back to base so you can kill their tower. Your k/d will sometimes be ok and sometimes not be very good but as long as you win it doesn't matter.

Crazyflames

02-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn1138 View Post
You have to be defensive!! Until you get your Ult, you are in constant danger. Just a few quick tips:

Max your turrets and your micro rockets. They are your best output of damage.

Always stay close to your turrets as they are your only means of defense, and remember if you are attacked then they will attack your aggressor...so ult for more AOE and slow.

Only get one point in your grenade b/c it is useful for stunning and blinding only. Mass ability power and make sure to get RYLAIS CRYSTAL SCEPTER!!! You will be able to slow and you will have good ability power.

Good Luck and Have Fun!!!!

PS make sure to put your turrets far enough apart so they don't get hit by area of effect spells but close enough together that they hit the same target.
Don't max turrets, just get up to where you can put down 2, max out rockets first, than the nade, let them hit you once so the turrets attack them and THEN stun them and use your really high damage rockets, if they are too tanky than just stay back at the tower and spam rockets.