Why is 2+2 Premade considered Solo Queue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ainthe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2011

I understand a 2P Premade is not unbalanced vs 5 Solos, but 2P + 2P Premade vs 5 Solos is a bit much vs 5 Solos? Or is it simply a limitation of matchmaker not scaling for 2P + 2P Premades?

DriftingSmoke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2011

Riot wishes to reward certain behaviors, this is one of them.

Jamlusa

02-04-2011

Thats the biggest flaw of the MM systen in my opinion. Having 2 people in vent coordinating stuns and ganks is such a huge advantage it shouldnt be allowed in a solo queue game. Practically you can shut a lane down if you have a buddy and synergizing champions. They should eliminate it, solo means solo and not duo Riot.

Unholyrath

02-04-2011

Because queuing up as a duo makes total sense in a ladder system called Solo queue.

ainthe

02-04-2011

Just to clarify, I am not talking about a single duo, rather a team made up of two duos plus a solo vs five solos. I can see the merits of letting duos play vs solos, but a team of two duos is a bit extreme to be considered solo queue.

CuteFluffyBunny

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamlusa View Post
Thats the biggest flaw of the MM systen in my opinion. Having 2 people in vent coordinating stuns and ganks is such a huge advantage it shouldnt be allowed in a solo queue game. Practically you can shut a lane down if you have a buddy and synergizing champions. They should eliminate it, solo means solo and not duo Riot.
You know how hard it is to paste vent info in champ select?

Not hard at all.

ainthe

02-04-2011

It would make more sense if matchmaker split the duos across both teams, rather then stacking one team with 2 duos and put 5 solos on the other?