rift beta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LilDrood

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by interwebhobo View Post
Because it's doing something different. The rifts.

The rifts differential hugely and is a great idea.
I seen the rifts... it's nowhere near enough to justify a new game.

Darkezio

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilDrood View Post
So then compared to CO and City, how is the customization level? And what about the gameplay? Too PvP oriented, or is it pretty balanced with plenty to do?
I wish I could compare it to those, but I never played them. The PvP is really fun, but I honestly never saw a push towards it. I only tried it because I was curious, and I don't even like PvP in most MMOs.

There was a lot to do as far as quests go though. I found myself with to many actually, lol. The story line was captivating and kept me going, and killing things really didn't feel like a grind because of it.

They're going to be releasing monthly content updates too. February is going to see some Catwoman content come out, meaning events, quests, items, etc. From the way the team communicated during beta, I can honestly say they were pretty in touch with what the community wanted. Hopefully it stays that way as they grow. I'll probably pick the game up in a few months if it's still doing well (if my friends decide to play too, lol).

Quintessence

02-04-2011

i have a major gripe with DCUO...if you are fighting 2 people you will never leave the ground. you will be knocked down all day until you die. this also happens if a good player decides to exploit the combo system.

Darkezio

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilDrood View Post
I seen the rifts... it's nowhere near enough to justify a new game.
lol, yeah. The rift thing in it's most basic idea of it, has been done before. They've added some cool ideas, I'll give them that.

They just forgot to make a game to go with it. Well, forgot to make their own game to go with it.

ZRoE

02-04-2011

The only new thing about RIFT is the rifts themselves, and they're just gimmicky garbage that gets boring after the 3rd or 4th time.

The class system? its hardly new, if anything its simply expanding on the normal class/spec system most mmos have. Horrible balance inc!

Not to mention leveling, the most god awful aspect of the game. I couldn't bring myself to play after hitting 23. Its not that it took long, it was just mind numbingly boring, even WoW questing is more interesting and involving.

Its a shame, it would be nice to see a new mmo on the scene which is fun and unique, but from what i've seen, RIFT isn't it.

Rossa Auster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2011

So uh, you know when people speak of ripping off WoW what they really mean is:

"They're using the same mechanics proven/developed by other games which came before WoW."

Most MMO's will have similar things to WoW as well as all other MMO's currently on the market simply because those 'things' tend to work. What you should be looking for are features in-addition-to the basics that WoW and any other MMO has. You have to remember WoW's success comes from them dumbing down the MMO genre and bringing it to all the people who still thought you need AoL once you have broadband. WoW didn't do anything revolutionary and it could be argued they stunted the growth of MMO's.

Mctot

02-04-2011

jeez guys i was just letting off some steam, no need to get all huffy :P

Velqor

02-04-2011

Anyone who says "ripoff of WoW" Is an ignorant stupid person. World of warcraft did not revolutionize or even make mmorpgs successful. That was everquest. World of warcraft blatantly ripped that off. However, they did make a more successful game by taking away the learning curve, difficulty, and giving you all pretty little colorful characters. So please WoWtards go crawl back into your hamster feeder game. ****s not worth playing if you even have a brain.