rift beta

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkezio

Senior Member

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilDrood View Post
Commercial on TV: "We're not in Azeroth any more."

Everything I've seen has been a blatant WoW ripoff including the first "instance" even being a mine in which you walk in to and see a bunch of people standing around mining.
I haven't seen the commercials.

Did they really say that? Honestly if they did, I have no respect for them -.- lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mete1110

Senior Member

02-04-2011

Played rift beta, heres what happened:


"Me finks ill try rouge.


*COMBO SKILL SYSTEM*

Nope"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LilDrood

Senior Member

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkezio View Post
I haven't seen the commercials.

Did they really say that? Honestly if they did, I have no respect for them -.- lol.
I've only seen one commercial once(I can't recall what channel) but yes, it said exactly that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

interwebhobo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilDrood View Post
Commercial on TV: "We're not in Azeroth any more."

Everything I've seen has been a blatant WoW ripoff including the first "instance" even being a mine in which you walk in to and see a bunch of people standing around mining.
The company making RIFT doesn't even skirt around the issue - they admit to working with the popular structures. The game itself has been a lot of fun, as far as the environment and sandbox excursions with rifts and such. It's an extremely invigorating game structure. The downside is the absolutely horrid combat. It's even more gimicky than WoW's, and that's saying something.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LilDrood

Senior Member

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by interwebhobo View Post
The company making RIFT doesn't even skirt around the issue - they admit to working with the popular structures. The game itself has been a lot of fun, as far as the environment and sandbox excursions with rifts and such. It's an extremely invigorating game structure. The downside is the absolutely horrid combat. It's even more gimicky than WoW's, and that's saying something.
The problem is..

Ripoff of WoW: Why not just play WoW? Why waste time on a game that could possibly fail rather than just play the already well established and popular game when the new "ripoff" game isn't doing ENOUGH to differentiate itself enough from the game it's trying to "build on"?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkezio

Senior Member

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilDrood View Post
I've only seen one commercial once(I can't recall what channel) but yes, it said exactly that.
Why can't these MMOs stop trying to go after WoW or compare themselves to it. Make your own path.

I was in the DC Universe beta and that was pretty fun. Wasn't my thing but I can say I enjoyed it. It's doing very well, and the team knows what they're doing. They're blazing their own path and don't care what WoW is doing.

These companies should know by now that they can't take WoWs place, but there is room for other games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LilDrood

Senior Member

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkezio View Post

I was in the DC Universe beta and that was pretty fun. Wasn't my thing but I can say I enjoyed it. It's doing very well, and the team knows what they're doing. They're blazing their own path and don't care what WoW is doing.
On that topic then, how does DCU do loot? I played CO and City of X for a while and I enjoyed them, but DCU turned me off cus I kept hearing the loot system altered your costume, you didn't get much costume customization at the start(Mainly cus of the loot system altering it), and that it goes the WoW route with loot in that it's the end all be all?

Or was that all false rumors/outdated info?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkezio

Senior Member

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilDrood View Post
On that topic then, how does DCU do loot? I played CO and City of X for a while and I enjoyed them, but DCU turned me off cus I kept hearing the loot system altered your costume, you didn't get much costume customization at the start(Mainly cus of the loot system altering it), and that it goes the WoW route with loot in that it's the end all be all?

Or was that all false rumors/outdated info?
Whenever you get new armor/loot that is a different style from what you have, it gets added to your library of styles. So let's say you get this new bad ass helmet with sick stats, but you hate the way it looks. You can equip it, and then make it look like any other piece you've had before it.

The whole thing with people complaining about the loot system altering your costume, that was people that don't know how to use the customization features. That was one thing I really loved was how much you could customize yourself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LilDrood

Senior Member

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkezio View Post
Whenever you get new armor/loot that is a different style from what you have, it gets added to your library of styles. So let's say you get this new bad ass helmet with sick stats, but you hate the way it looks. You can equip it, and then make it look like any other piece you've had before it.

The whole thing with people complaining about the loot system altering your costume, that was people that don't know how to use the customization features. That was one thing I really loved was how much you could customize yourself.
So then compared to CO and City, how is the customization level? And what about the gameplay? Too PvP oriented, or is it pretty balanced with plenty to do?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

interwebhobo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilDrood View Post
The problem is..

Ripoff of WoW: Why not just play WoW? Why waste time on a game that could possibly fail rather than just play the already well established and popular game when the new "ripoff" game isn't doing ENOUGH to differentiate itself enough from the game it's trying to "build on"?
Because it's doing something different. The rifts.

The rifts differential hugely and is a great idea.


123