Should charaters be nerfed based on how often they are banned?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pragz

02-04-2011

No, because then everyone will start banning Soraka. Just to see how useless the consensus can make a champion be. XD

Quote:
Guinbro here, with the latest announcement: Due to overwhelming amounts of QQ regarding how OP Soraka is, we've decided to give her a major nerf. We're nerfing everything about her, and hopefully these nerfs of all nerfs will nerf her to your liking... nerf:

Starcall - Remains unchanged!
Astral Blessing - Heals for 20/20/20/20/20 with a -.8 AP ratio. 32 second CD and 275/274/273/272/9001 mana cost.
Infuse - Steals 80/100/120/140/160 mana from target ally champion and refunds you half of the mana stolen. On enemy cast, gives them equivalent mana.
Wish - Globally heals all allied champions for 1/2/3 HP.

We hope these changes are to your liking! We respectfully oblige any of you to send us all ideas relating to future nerfs, as I don't quite think we've balanced her out yet.

GUINBRO AT YOUR SERVICE. c:

Not a Cobra

02-04-2011

People ban tanks because tanks are critical to winning.
The idea of bans isn't to remove overpowered champions, it's to remove champions which, were the other team able to use them, they would pose a threat.

Dairuka

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not a Cobra View Post
People ban tanks because tanks are critical to winning.
The idea of bans isn't to remove overpowered champions, it's to remove champions which, were the other team able to use them, they would pose a threat.
You mean my AD carry isn't the only factor to a winning team!?

I call Shenanigans.

Jamlusa

02-04-2011

If they nerf based on bannings this game will go down the toilet. There will always be champs that will be percieved as op, sometimes for good reason and then they should be nerfed and sometimes only cause they have big boobs and everyone plays them but they arenīt op. A good example would be Malzahar, he can instagib even tanks if he can get out a full spell rotation but for some strange reason nobody thinks hes op probably because no one plays him. But if he would have huge boobs and everyone and their grandma would play him he would have been nerfed months ago. On the other hand theres Miss Fortune wich in my eyes is inferior as a carry to Trist and Ashe but because everyone wanted to play her she got nerfed again and again. And then theres the stealth champs that got nerfed into oblivion just cause people overextended and got raped.
People in general are stupid and unable to adapt to a changing situation and if their all rush mid strategy doesnīt work they call op and thats the reason balance should never be based on bans or peoples opinion but on hard facts based on battle statistics that i hope riot collects constantly. But i have the feeling they nerf based on QQ looking at recent patch notes.

765 Pro Taeyeon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2011

No some characters will always be better than others.

The only way to truly balance a game is to only have one character.

Majikku

02-04-2011

No. Ex: Shen. He's just annoying and discourages aggressive play, but doesn't need any nerfs.