The Jungle Book

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dechs Kaison

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsy View Post
As an example, I never saw the part where you said "if you want to be competitive, you need smite" so if I was a new jungler, I'd try to do without since you said it's not always necessary.
I'll change the wording to make this more clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsy View Post
As another example, not all junglers start with the same items. I realize 90% of the junglers can and will start cloth armor + 5 pots. My favorite jungle route with Trundle, starts with a Vamp Scepter. With WW, getting a ward early can be very good. Nunu can do whatever he wants. It would be good to mention that each player should research this to find the best items for the character they want to jungle with.
These are some great points. I'll definitely expand the writing here.

I do want to shy away from mentioning specific champions. I worry that providing a list of good champions will prevent people from trying out others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsy View Post
Outside of the items/masteries sections, I think you bring up many of the key points to be aware of while jungling. Nice job.
Thanks, and I appreciate the feedback.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stonewall008

Senior Member

02-07-2011

if mentioning that certain characters suck keeps people from trying to jungle with them - do so.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keziki

Senior Member

02-07-2011

I liked it but I don't really like to be in any crowded wooded areas or jungles.

Ever seen the movie Predator?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RE Bantos

Senior Member

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall008 View Post
Here's the jungle book movie http://www.youtube.com/stonewall008
I was wondering how long it would take for you to do that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dechs Kaison

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall008 View Post
if mentioning that certain characters suck keeps people from trying to jungle with them - do so.
It's not that.

I'm worried I give a list of good junglers but leave a few out. I'll dedicate a section to good jungle champions but I won't feel right about it unless I'm very clear that the list doesn't mean you can't jungle with people not on it.

Also, you said there were a few other things you disagreed with. Do you mind telling me what those are?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trapspider

Senior Member

02-07-2011

I stopped reading at "Ideally, you want to be able to kill the Ancient Golem at level one".

This is situational, if you are looking to maximize your gold and exp from the jungle, AND can do without blue, then you do not want to start at blue.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dechs Kaison

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapspider View Post
I stopped reading at "Ideally, you want to be able to kill the Ancient Golem at level one".

This is situational, if you are looking to maximize your gold and exp from the jungle, AND can do without blue, then you do not want to start at blue.
I say that because of the difficulty involved. Perhaps I should make this more clear. If you can kill Ancient Golem at 1, then you can easily handle any path of the jungle.

I do go on to explain other paths.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trapspider

Senior Member

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dechs Kaison View Post
I say that because of the difficulty involved. Perhaps I should make this more clear. If you can kill Ancient Golem at 1, then you can easily handle any path of the jungle.

I do go on to explain other paths.
Thats great and my apologies for not reading on, however i think i could lvl 1 golem on almost any non-caster in the game. That does not mean they could reasonably jungle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alopix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-07-2011

Thanks for the guide. +1


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dechs Kaison

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapspider View Post
Thats great and my apologies for not reading on, however i think i could lvl 1 golem on almost any non-caster in the game. That does not mean they could reasonably jungle.
Very fair point. Well, I've removed that sentence you had issue with. There's a point later where I still mention trying to start at ancient golem, but I've added a caveat that it's not always the optimal place to start.

I would appreciate if you took the time to read it and give me your feedback.