Highly Inaccurate ELO ranking. Case and point.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sythion

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
This is why the 1 good player and 4 "scrubs" vs 5 scrubs theory fails.

That theory assumes a lot of things, a lot things which may not be true.

1. You're playing a champion that can carry hard. This is usually true.

2. You have a solid team comp. This is rarely true in elo hell. Most of the tanks are banned and in most games you won't have a jungler. From my experience you either have a tank or jungler, rarely both. Oh, and your jungler is probably getting killed by minions or rarely ganks.

3. Leavers, afkers, and feeders. If you have a leaver/afker but number 2 still holds up in comparison to the other team, you can likely win if number 4 is also true. If you have a feeder, this doesn't hurt too much if you're playing a good carry and are able to shutdown the person who is fed on the other team but even then it's still not a guaranteed a win.

4. The 5 people on the other team are scrubs. This is about 50:50. There is occasionally at least one competent player on the other team trying to fight his way out of elo hell as well. If numbers 1 & 2 are in his favor or even just 3, you're likely going to lose.

5. Luck. This will determine how fast you will leave elo hell or if you will leave.
1) Playing a character that balances your team, or a role that others are unlikely to play well (tank/jungler), and leading through good play will get you further then playing a carry. Carrying a game does NOT mean getting the highest KDA.

2) Since you presumably always pick to benefit your team comp, and your opponents are (on average), just as likely to be ******s, you will have a better team composition than your opponents more often than not.

3) Since there are 4 potential leavers on your team, and 5 on the other team, your opponents are on average going to have more leavers than you. (unless you're doing something to make people on your team leave).

4) You already are guaranteed to have one decent player on your team (you), and almost as likely to have a second as your opponents are to have just one (4 to 5 odds). Your team has the higher skill rating by far.

5) Luck does happen. Luck does not continue to happen over and over in a negative way. Luck always eventually follows probability (Law of Large Numbers)

6) Your brain is broken.

Help

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2011

I stopped caring about ELO. It means nothing.
If anyone wants to talk trash, they can play me in sc2, a real RTS game.
Rank 30 diamond division.

Sythion

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Samson View Post
I am not saying that at all, never did. You're proly getting that from the screenshots. I always try to lead the team unless someone decides to step up. Do you think people listen all the time? 80% of the time they don't. At one point, I went insane spamming bbbbbbb. No one listened, they died. Game over. There's just too many factors we cannot control, one being our own teammates.
No. I'm getting that from your attitude, which is basically "I awesome! Why does my team cause me to lose?" Every post you've said something along these lines.

ColbyCheeZe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2011

This thread is dumb. Half of your screenshots are not even from ranked. You also posted one from a LONG time ago before they took out locket.

To be more accurate you would need to post in exact order about 10-20 games and then it would be VERY obvious why you are stuck in low elo.

I very seriously doubt you have anywhere near the skill to raise past 1200 ELO and that is why you are placed there. Getting a good score in a few 1000 rank matches definitely doesn't make you good enough to raise it past that point.

You need to learn team fighting skills ( probably among many other things ) in order to improve. Also admit when you are wrong ( like now ) and learn from your mistakes or you will never get there.

/rant

A Tryhardosaurus

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbycheeze View Post
This thread is dumb. Half of your screenshots are not even from ranked. You also posted one from a LONG time ago before they took out locket.

To be more accurate you would need to post in exact order about 10-20 games and then it would be VERY obvious why you are stuck in low elo.

I very seriously doubt you have anywhere near the skill to raise past 1200 ELO and that is why you are placed there. Getting a good score in a few 1000 rank matches definitely doesn't make you good enough to raise it past that point.

You need to learn team fighting skills ( probably among many other things ) in order to improve. Also admit when you are wrong ( like now ) and learn from your mistakes or you will never get there.

/rant
I wish I could but in every match you will always see me in every team fight. Like I said, I am the type to move around in different lanes if my lane is playing safe or if another lane has a potential kill. If need be, I play the role of a leader but only if I am tank or carry. I really don't know what else I could be doing wrong. I also noticed people tend to pick all carries in normal games, so thus I mastered shen and cho.