Highly Inaccurate ELO ranking. Case and point.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Tryhardosaurus

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basefish View Post
I like how you have a negative overall kda ratio and a negative win/loss ratio but still think that "elo hell" is the cause of all your problems
Most of the negative kda really just comes from me practicing champions in normal games. Otherwise, I am that guy busting his butt in every team fight making sure he puts every last ounce of his meat to good use. If I can escape knowing either my team can finish or can escape, then I will. If not, then I stay. Nothing else I can do. Now what am I supposed to do about a lane that continuously feeds when I am on the opposite side of the map? Not so much. Maybe switching lanes might help, but what if they feed my former lane? Now wtf do I do?

Frank the Golem

02-04-2011

If (you + 4*baddie) < (5*baddie), then (you < baddie).

You will get better when you stop blaming your teammates and start getting serious about getting better. Lead them, rally your team to accomplish objectives, carry if you must, but don't blame others.

CoolHeroBro

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letkhar View Post
"Dog eat dog". The colloquial phrase you're looking for is "Dog eat dog".
Yeah, I know.

I cringed when I saw OP put "case and point" in the thread title and had to unleash some furious satire.

A Tryhardosaurus

02-04-2011

Sometimes you people really just wanna be jerks for the hell of it since you can't do it outside these forums or the game for that matter. How ignorant are you guys to not want to fix the solo rank system. Scared to start out new?

Sythion

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Samson View Post
Most of the negative kda really just comes from me practicing champions in normal games.
Normal games don't include your stats.

A Tryhardosaurus

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Golem View Post
If (you + 4*baddie) < (5*baddie), then (you < baddie).

You will get better when you stop blaming your teammates and start getting serious about getting better. Lead them, rally your team to accomplish objectives, carry if you must, but don't blame others.
How do you think I get these kills? I am that guy busting his butt all the time trying to help other lanes with ganks (ex. notice low minion kills, what I get from constantly moving around). I feel like I've said this before. I am pretty sure you know that sometimes we can't control the people we play with or against. You can't just lead a newbie and turn him into a pro off the bat, most of it is acquired experience.

Sythion

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Samson View Post
How do you think I get these kills? I am that guy busting his butt all the time trying to help other lanes with ganks (ex. notice low minion kills, what I get from constantly moving around). I feel like I've said this before. I am pretty sure you know that sometimes we can't control the people we play with or against. You can't just lead a newbie and turn him into a pro off the bat, most of it is acquired experience.
So you've tried assuming that you're doing everything right, and the other 9 players in the game are to blame for your losses.

Try changing it around a little and assuming that you are screwing up royally, but just don't realize it. Your new goal in LoL is to find out what you're doing wrong.

You'll get better.

Or you can just complain to deaf ears in hopes of absolution that will not be given.

Argodis

02-04-2011

This is why the 1 good player and 4 "scrubs" vs 5 scrubs theory fails.

That theory assumes a lot of things, a lot things which may not be true.

1. You're playing a champion that can carry hard. This is usually true.

2. You have a solid team comp. This is rarely true in elo hell. Most of the tanks are banned and in most games you won't have a jungler. From my experience you either have a tank or jungler, rarely both. Oh, and your jungler is probably getting killed by minions or rarely ganks.

3. Leavers, afkers, and feeders. If you have a leaver/afker but number 2 still holds up in comparison to the other team, you can likely win if number 4 is also true. If you have a feeder, this doesn't hurt too much if you're playing a good carry and are able to shutdown the person who is fed on the other team but even then it's still not a guaranteed a win.

4. The 5 people on the other team are scrubs. This is about 50:50. There is occasionally at least one competent player on the other team trying to fight his way out of elo hell as well. If numbers 1 & 2 are in his favor or even just 3, you're likely going to lose.

5. Luck. This will determine how fast you will leave elo hell or if you will leave.

A Tryhardosaurus

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
This is why the 1 good player and 4 "scrubs" vs 5 scrubs theory fails.

That theory assumes a lot of things, a lot things which may not be true.

1. You're playing a champion that can carry hard. This is usually true.

2. You have a solid team comp. This is rarely true in elo hell. Most of the tanks are banned and in most games you won't have a jungler. From my experience you either have a tank or jungler, rarely both. Oh, and your jungler is probably getting killed by minions or rarely ganks.

3. Leavers, afkers, and feeders. If you have a leaver/afker but number 2 still holds up in comparison to the other team, you can likely win if number 4 is also true. If you have a feeder, this doesn't hurt too much if you're playing a good carry and are able to shutdown the person who is fed on the other team but even then it's still not a guaranteed a win.

4. The 5 people on the other team are scrubs. This is about 50:50. There is occasionally at least one competent player on the other team trying to fight his way out of elo hell as well. If numbers 1 & 2 are in his favor or even just 3, you're likely going to lose.

5. Luck. This will determine how fast you will leave elo hell or if you will leave.
Precisely. It's too random. It's become more of luck in terms of team comp or if you'll get a leaver/feeder. You really can't base a players skill off of these factors.

A Tryhardosaurus

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythion View Post
So you've tried assuming that you're doing everything right, and the other 9 players in the game are to blame for your losses.

Try changing it around a little and assuming that you are screwing up royally, but just don't realize it. Your new goal in LoL is to find out what you're doing wrong.

You'll get better.

Or you can just complain to deaf ears in hopes of absolution that will not be given.
I am not saying that at all, never did. You're proly getting that from the screenshots. I always try to lead the team unless someone decides to step up. Do you think people listen all the time? 80% of the time they don't. At one point, I went insane spamming bbbbbbb. No one listened, they died. Game over. There's just too many factors we cannot control, one being our own teammates.