Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Highly Inaccurate ELO ranking. Case and point.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xenos One

02-04-2011

yeah foo!!! your paint skillz be lackin!!! that means youre a terrible player and at life yo, dawg

A Tryhardosaurus

02-04-2011

Quote:
IronMongrel:
Not trolling, read 5hitcombo's post on Elo Hell.

There's more to winning than performance. Teamwork and leadership is very important.

As a tank, it's my job to lead the team. Even as a carry, I am almost always usually the first to initiate depending on team comp. You are ignorant if you are telling me that it's not the rank system but just me. I mean I could be part of it, but as far as I know, I am definitely smarter than the rank grouping system.

Noperative

02-04-2011

It's obvious.

Everyone is slowly getting better than you and your lack of improvement is tanking your rating. I suggest you improve your gameplay.

A Tryhardosaurus

02-04-2011

Quote:
Xenos One:
yeah foo!!! your paint skillz be lackin!!! that means youre a terrible player and at life yo, dawg

Exactly.

Sythion

02-04-2011

Quote:
SooperSmurph:
When I manage to get a good team in queue, inevitably the other team queue dodges, and i'm left with the Brazilians that the other guy dodged thanks to instarequeue. Thanks Riot for this great system where Brazilians who have been banned from most other services can come "HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE" to their heart's content.

Holy cow! You must be freaking AMAZING to have EVERY game feature Brazilians on your team and not your opponents team! And you still manage to win half of them! With Brazilians!
!!
AMAZING!

Anyway, to OP, the idea that you can somehow judge people for something other than wins is ludicrous. There are far too many situations where making the right choice leads to a worse score.

The only way to tell how good you are at winning or losing games is how often you help your team to win or lose a game.

Letkhar

02-04-2011

Quote:
CoolHeroBro:
Doggy-dog world
could care less
Worst case Ontario

"Dog eat dog". The colloquial phrase you're looking for is "Dog eat dog".

Basefish

02-04-2011

I like how you have a negative overall kda ratio and a negative win/loss ratio but still think that "elo hell" is the cause of all your problems

Sythion

02-04-2011

Quote:
Noperative:
It's obvious.

Everyone is slowly getting better than you and your lack of improvement is tanking your rating. I suggest you improve your gameplay.

This is why my Elo dropped. That and I actually got worse.

BlargCow

02-04-2011

your wins in ranked are probably due to playing against players you believe would have made you lost if they were on your team. after 400 ranked games you are most likely at the elo you belong at

Stizunna

02-04-2011

QQ carry your team harder scrub.