Highly Inaccurate ELO ranking. Case and point.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Tryhardosaurus

02-04-2011

I started off my LoL career in the 1300s ELO. I was doing great for quite some time and had a steady increase in my ELO. Suddenly, my ELO just went down. I figured, hey! Maybe I am just having a bad day. Days pass, my ELO still dwindling. Maybe its me? Days pass, ELO getting lower and lower. Oh **** it's my teammates! This is what ELO hell was to me.

Now, onto the main point of this thread. ELO hell is very inaccurate. There are too many factors that contribute to you having low ELOs such as poor team comp, afkers, feeders, and just today... I thought the rammus auto-feeder was the last time I would ever see this, but a morgana under the name xKF (normally we wouldn't be allowed to say names but he really wanted to get banned) kept running into the mid turret feeding Karth and Poppy. I was Cho, one of the champs I excel on the most. I would say, I am a darn good Cho player. I did my best to carry my team by tanking and setting up ganks. No matter how much I put into that game, those kills from morgana feeding really through us off, not to mention the whole 4 v 5. Eventually the match took its toll and we became overpowered (at least everyone but me).

Now why does a player like myself, or any other player have to go through this? Why do we get judged skill-wise for a crime we didn't commit? This whole solo rank is filled with BS and loop holes that it is not even funny at the moment. As of now, I am officially quitting solo rank. It is impossible to solo rank without cheating (aka. duo solo rank or auto-feeders).

I have posted the screenshot of the match I was talking about. Please share your thoughts. I would really love to start over because I don't think I deserve this ELO. Below that screenshot is a typical scoreboard after a game with Cho. I am not a bad Cho whatsoever, at least that's not what people say. Of course, that's not the best I've done. Just one of the few I screened. Included some scoreboard games with Xin, main point of these screenies is to tell you that I am not a bad player. We just have no control over our teammates.

A Tryhardosaurus

02-04-2011

bump. This is a serious issue.

DriftingSmoke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2011

Riot needs to include game performance as matchmaking data in order to dispel the community wide belief in Elo Hell. Leavers / Feeders / Afkers need to be matched up with other Leavers / Feeders / Afkers, period. Then the only Hell is the one players create for themselves.

A Tryhardosaurus

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperSmurph View Post
Riot needs to include game performance as matchmaking data in order to dispel the community wide belief in Elo Hell. Leavers / Feeders / Afkers need to be matched up with other Leavers / Feeders / Afkers, period. Then the only Hell is the one players create for themselves.
Exactly, I don't know why certain players like me have to be so unlucky when it comes to getting good teams. Sometimes, I wonder how they organize the teams for rank.

DriftingSmoke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2011

When I manage to get a good team in queue, inevitably the other team queue dodges, and i'm left with the Brazilians that the other guy dodged thanks to instarequeue. Thanks Riot for this great system where Brazilians who have been banned from most other services can come "HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE" to their heart's content.

IronMongrel

02-04-2011

Not trolling, read 5hitcombo's post on Elo Hell.

There's more to winning than performance. Teamwork and leadership is very important.

grouperish

02-04-2011

leavers and afkers should be weeded out by the leave system, there's already been a pretty noticeable decrease. As to feeders, its hard to weed them out since most feeders dont always feed, but instead go even/slightly negative as a norm. Players that consistently feed will be weeded out by elo drops (theoretically)

Trikon

02-04-2011

I don't see how you can say you're smart enough to be higher in elo when you can't even figure out the shape tool in MS paint to black out the names in like 2 seconds with no effort.

A Tryhardosaurus

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperSmurph View Post
When I manage to get a good team in queue, inevitably the other team queue dodges, and i'm left with the Brazilians that the other guy dodged thanks to instarequeue. Thanks Riot for this great system where Brazilians who have been banned from most other services can come "HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE" to their heart's content.
I get that a lot too. I always come off as the "racist" guy whenever I tell people to speak English or play a new game just because I am on the "North American" LoL server. Apparently North America's language is something completely different from English. It's just not fair how they organize teams in solo Rank.

CoolHeroBro

02-04-2011

Quote:
Case and point
Doggy-dog world
could care less
Worst case Ontario