List your top tier champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

unentschieden

01-21-2010

Snipernesswhy should the Tier list be equallised? You use a 2/3/5 list as bad - why exactly? A Tier list is a evaluation of a certain characters "value" compared to others.

LoL isnīt a 1v1 Fighter but a Teamgame so while Champions are best mesured in what they contribute to the Team that can change based on Team composition. I expect the ratings to change drastically with Draft Games giving more value to Champs like Veigar.

Blind Pick evaluates Teammembers against a unknown with higher chances for "Good Champs". Thus Stun has become the central criteria as it pretty much works on anyone. Itīs quite often overkill though as any other form of CC is better/more efficient for being not as omniusefull.

Danziger

01-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
Blitz, although being able to initiate arguably better than anyone in the game, isn't high tier to me. It's not that hard to just stay behind minions/dodge/stay out of range. If you're smart you shouldn't ever be getting rocket-grabbed. Pass.
Hehe, well isn't it lucky that I watched a HoN tournament replay yesterday featuring Devourer (aka. Pudge), which is a much weaker version than Blitzcrank. The pull initiations he made even in a top tier game was key.

I would agree high tier players would easily be able to judge their range/minion hug for the early game, thus nullifying blitz' early game effect. However, crafty and clever Blitz' remains an incredibly dangerous initiator come the mid game groups. He makes defending a tower incredibly hard as he can suppress all the defenders from coming too far, meaning the ranged dps can shoot down the tower. Enemy teams pushing a tower get owned cuz they can't push without wiping the enemy. A team with Blitz has a much superior teampush/defense game, which is usually game changing in itself.

Clever and skilled blitz can pull off ridiculous initiations in teamfights since rocket grab range is gigantic. One the laning phase is over, staying behind minions/out of range no longer applies when your team is roaming and/or blitz is crafty.

His burst damage is enough to one shot any low HP carry, which makes him powerful enough for me since few champions are instantly able to do that. Taking those DPS carries out is often absolutely key.

AIM7Sparrow

01-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by unentschieden View Post
Snipernesswhy should the Tier list be equallised? You use a 2/3/5 list as bad - why exactly? A Tier list is a evaluation of a certain characters "value" compared to others.

LoL isnīt a 1v1 Fighter but a Teamgame so while Champions are best mesured in what they contribute to the Team that can change based on Team composition. I expect the ratings to change drastically with Draft Games giving more value to Champs like Veigar.

Blind Pick evaluates Teammembers against a unknown with higher chances for "Good Champs". Thus Stun has become the central criteria as it pretty much works on anyone. Itīs quite often overkill though as any other form of CC is better/more efficient for being not as omniusefull.

do people read anymore or do they just see one thing and feel the need to instantly argue? I said that they DON'T have to be equalized for the third time. and I listed why 2/3/5 is technically incorrect literally one line away from it. go back and re-read my entire post because it's obvious you didn't.

Darkmana

01-21-2010

No love for Nunu? Hes the only champ i can play effectively (i play his as a pure AP nuker), is there any reason that he isn't high tier? Besides his ulti being easy to stop.

He has a long range slow shot that does massive damage with a pure AP build while having a short cooldown.

Has a movement/attack speed buff that can make him or a nearby carry extremely hard to escape/catch/stop especially since it stacks with ghostwalk or any other movement speed buff.

His ulti (although countered by many champs) can cause panic through the enemy in a team fight while usually heavily damage at least 2-3 people if not killing them.

and finally his passive and Q ability: The passive combined with the Q allows for amazing mana management as well as the ability to heal over 30% of his health every 10-15 seconds as long as there is a nearby neutral or enemy creep nearby.

If Nunu isn't high tier he is definitely on the fence between high-mid and high.

JunkRamen

01-21-2010

A lot of players do consider Nunu high tier, but he is known for being very match-up reliant due to his highly counterable but also highly rewarding ult.

unentschieden

01-21-2010

Your exact demand was:

Quote:
But there has to be an equal number of the cast in the top half, and an equal number in the bottom half.
And your reason why 2/3/5 is supposedly:

Quote:

This creates a tier list in which 2 out of 3 tiers are comprised solely of the top half of the cast. By definition, it's incorrect, even though it might look acceptable.
What is Technicall correctness supposed to accomplish? If half of the Cast is garbage then half of the cast is garbage even if that makes the List look "bad".

Tier distinctions are NOT placed at Hero count jumps but usefullness medians. If you "correct" a 2/3/5 by promoting 1 Hero each to 3/3/4 itīs Technical correct but 2 Champs are in the wrong category!

AIM7Sparrow

01-21-2010

I think that you understand the definition of tiers but refuse to accept it in favor of visual appeal. Facts are facts, if you have 3 tiers, and place 5 in top and middle combined and 5 in bottom, it's incorrect, albiet usually acceptable in terms of player standards and expectations.

I'm not here to discuss the definiton of tiers though so much as calling out the list posted by SaviorZelda. That list had 23 out of 43 characters in top and high combined, leaving 20 characters left to occupy the middle, low, and bottom tiers. There really shouldn't be any debate as to why that's wrong. Unless every character is so perfectly balanced with one another that they desrve to make the tier list lopsided like that, it needs to be edited. (And no, the characters aren't perfectly balanced.)