List your top tier champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danziger

01-21-2010

Can any player who actually plays Tristana tell me how she's any good and how she can possibly be effective in high tier play?

The ease of killing her if the enemy team has any nukes at all, combined with abilities that require one of the most fragile heroes to be in the thick of things (just sitting back just does not put out enough dps) to be fully effective.

JunkRamen

01-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danziger View Post
Can any player who actually plays Tristana tell me how she's any good and how she can possibly be effective in high tier play?

The ease of killing her if the enemy team has any nukes at all, combined with abilities that require one of the most fragile heroes to be in the thick of things (just sitting back just does not put out enough dps) to be fully effective.
She's good at farming and laning thanks to Explosive Shot. Rocket Jump with good timing and a health advantage is extremely scary early game. When she gets Buster Shot, she has the tools to gank well - a snaring/movement option that can be used again after a kill, a decent auto-attack, and 2 nukes, one of which deals huge damage. So yeah, early on consider her a caster.

If she doesn't gank well she has a bit of trouble during the transition period to carry, but once she gets there she's very powerful... you just need a tank and probably lizard buff later. She ends the game with one of the best auto-attacks and has a mobility option that many carries don't have. Since most carries share her weakness of being fragile, this is a big deal for her.

Buster Shot being an interrupt/positioning tool later is icing on the cake.

Pigmancer

01-21-2010

^

What he said.. Trist is my most played and.. I can assure you that she is a viable choice at high level play. Though yes, like any other carry.. if she somehow gets left behind in levels and finds herself ineffective for ganking or team fights, then.. you're pretty much screwed!

The number one awesome thing about Tristana, that keeps her viable late game, is her hop.. It's just too amazing for just about every situation.. not to mention how good it is that it refreshes when an enemy is slain nearby.

This is followed closely by the fact that her passive gives her one of the best ranges of any hero in the game.. which also keeps her alive in those late game situations.. when you need to stay out of the heat, but lay down the hurt.

Late, late, late game.. always be aware of your position, relative to theirs, and you'll be mighty fine

HotshotGG

01-21-2010

Nidalee nidalee nidalee nidalee nidalee

Danziger

01-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigmancer View Post
^

What he said.. Trist is my most played and.. I can assure you that she is a viable choice at high level play. Though yes, like any other carry.. if she somehow gets left behind in levels and finds herself ineffective for ganking or team fights, then.. you're pretty much screwed!

The number one awesome thing about Tristana, that keeps her viable late game, is her hop.. It's just too amazing for just about every situation.. not to mention how good it is that it refreshes when an enemy is slain nearby.

This is followed closely by the fact that her passive gives her one of the best ranges of any hero in the game.. which also keeps her alive in those late game situations.. when you need to stay out of the heat, but lay down the hurt.

Late, late, late game.. always be aware of your position, relative to theirs, and you'll be mighty fine
Thanks for the good replies.

But one of the problems I find with her is her lack of dominance for example.. Unlike Master Yi for example, who has complete dominance in the forest, she can't be as bold or cocky (ie: looking for stragglers or creeping in enemy forest) because of the vast amount of heroes that are seemingly able to beat her 1v1. She just doesn't have that massive +damage ownage from her abilities that some carries get.

Early Mid game (around level 6-8), I just don't find her the ultra ownage force compared to Yi for example. She just doesn't have that obvious power difference that other ganker carries seem to have.

Her weaker arsenal of escape abilities as well as lack of 1v1 dominance makes her solo pushes very easy to shut down by just one dominant hero taking up defense.

Late game, heroes like Malphite, Kassadin, Annie and Shaco, to name a few seem to really be able to shut her down, with her range being still short enough to be in mortal danger from their blinky/stun/burst nature.

Her lack of range (compared to Twitch for example) means that she can't hit enemy ranged heroes without being in the front line, but if she stays in the back instead, she will be able to hit nothing but the tanks (in games with tank/ranged lineups, she literally loses the game for the team). The tanks usually get out with slivers of health, but she will almost never be able to finish them as jumping in would mean the death of her from the remaining enemy ranged dps, as would running up to the front to get a few more shots.

AIM7Sparrow

01-21-2010

Trist honestly doesn't seem high tier to me. Her only advantage over Twitch is the knockback from Bustershot. Twitch can match it's damage with expunge and top of that has a vicinity slow, stealth, and attacks multiple enemies at once. Not to mention he gets more attack speed from his abilities. Not much of a reason to pick Trist over Twitch imo. Not high tier.

I'd put the following in the Top and High Tiers, (no particular order):
Fiddlesticks
Morganna
Sivir
Teemo
Twitch
Gangplank
Cho'Gath
Corki
Amumu
Malphite
Kayle
Twisted Fate
Kat, (but only if Morganna is on your team for Black Shield)

JunkRamen

01-21-2010

Curious about why Alistar, Annie, and Anivia aren't in your list of high tier characters.

It's not really fair to compare what a champ has over Twitch as a carry since Twitch is about a tier about the others (or maybe half a tier nowadays). Better to compare Tristana with Corki IMO, where the comparison is a little better. She's better at ganking and building killing, has a longer ranged auto-attack, and has an interrupt/knockback over Corki, but Corki has generally higher damage output and a smoother transition to carry status (they both play as casters early game). Corki has great long range harassment but it's more dangerous for him to go into real killing range in a team fight.

What about Blitz?

Danziger

01-21-2010

That's a pretty good list from sniperness, i would agree most of those champions are up there in power.

The best of them I think is

Blitz
Kat
Annie
Twisted
Shaco
Teemo
Twitch
Kayle (in combinations)

I definitely think Blitz should be up there. One of the most insane initiators and burst damage in the game. This hero singlehandedly changes games.

I personally do not think Anivia, Trist, or Alistar are all that good, nor do I think Morgana and Amumu deserve to be up there. Against the top carries, these heroes just do not have the damage nor utility to turn a teamfight to your favor. The equiv. enemy carry heroes end up chewing everyone up as the lesser damage/support oriented heroes are unable to burst them down. Their cooldowns are also long to the point where they are unable to more than slightly delay enemy carries.

IMSavior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2010

From solomid

Quote:
Top-Tier
Annie
Cho'Gath
Corki
Malphite
Sivir
Twisted Fate

High-Tier
Alistar
Amumu
Anivia
Gangplank
Kassadin
Katarina
Kayle
Nasus
Nidalee
Nunu
Rammus
Shaco
Singed
Soraka
Taric
Teemo
Tryndamere

AIM7Sparrow

01-21-2010

Oh god, Nunu? Give me a break. The two most common summoner spells in the game make his Ult useless. (Cleanse and Flash if you didn't know). Not to mention he can't do **** after having used said Ultimate except apply the rather annoying slow ice shard, useful only for chasing, but wait, it was 4v5 anyways since everyone escaped your ult and made you useless so you won't be chasing at all.

High tier has too many characters in it imo. Alistar I can accept, but Shaco is too squishy and is really only an early gank master. Can't do anything in teamfights before 3 shots from any carry kills him.

Soraka, again, great early game but when a Malphite rams your whole group in and the fight begins what can she do besides silence someone for a couple seconds? Never seen a pro Nidalee but I can see her being good.

I almost included Kassadin on my list but thought it might be biased since he's my most played, haha.