How easy is Sona?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coersion

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyRelish View Post
Didn't think a champion being easier/harder to play actually mattered...

People who do well with harder champions deserve respect for being able to use that champion effectively, but why should somebody be upset that the character they are using is regarded as easy?

I dunno. Maybe I'm just ignorant. I use Cassiopeia and Malzahar a lot these days but I at least find no shame in playing easier champs like Garen, Nunu, or Sona...
Again, I don't mind him playing easy champions. What's annoying me is that he refuses to believe Sona is easy, and points out Riot's official difficulty bar for her...

Erestem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2011

The thing that gives Sona any kind of challenge isn't her playstyle (it's about as easy as they come) it's her exceedingly weak presence. Of all healers, her heals are the weakest. All her abilities are relatively weak with very low AP ratios. She's been nerfed hard since the days of OP Sona. Her cd's are longer, her abilities are weaker and her ratios are lower. Her ult's range has been reduced and even her passive's ability to keep auras up after a song ends has been nerfed.

All that being said, she's still an extremely viable, albeit easy to play champion. She just doesn't bring to the table what she used to. She seems to be a somewhat jack of all trades support champion without any kind of specialization to excel in.

She needs an extremely well rounded solid team to be effective. She can't farm for jack, so she relies on her team to get kills so she can feed off the assists. If you have a weak team, it doesn't matter how easy Sona is to play, you're going to lose. I can't think of a more 'team reliant' champion than Sona. However, if you do have a solid team, she can put them over the top of awesomeness.

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2011

Sona is mute, she can't say no. Sounds pretty easy to me.

TheAngryMunchkin

02-04-2011

playing sona = a ****** can do it
playing Sona decently = 95% of the LoL community can't

Valgamesh

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor1n View Post
playing sona = a ****** can do it
playing Sona decently = 95% of the LoL community can't
This.
A bad Sona will just get raped every time enemies are close because they don't know **** about positioning.

Using Sona's skill effectively is easier than ****.
Surviving as Sona while being usefull to your team is more challenging.

Sancerre

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgamesh View Post
This.
A bad Sona will just get raped every time enemies are close because they don't know **** about positioning.

Using Sona's skill effectively is easier than ****.
Surviving as Sona while being usefull to your team is more challenging.
really now... just ult and flash backwards - REAL TOUGH.

then continue rolling your face across qwe

*for the record, sona IS still useful. she is just not an overbearing instant ban presence like she used to be. she is BALANCED now.

Har

02-04-2011

You're being a d*ck to your friend.

Stop being a d*ck to your friend, if you want him to continue being your friend.

bobo1172

02-04-2011

ill tell you. mash face on keyboard. success

YangTianChou

Recruiter

02-04-2011

she is very easy to be useless in team..

Brandon816

02-04-2011

With Sona, only one move is even targetted. Aside from that, all you do is autoattack when your passive is up. Sona is REALLY easy in the sense that she requires little effort to play. Kind of like playing right click Yi after he's been fed, there just isn't that much effort being done on your part.

Lux is also kind of easy because of how long range her skills are. She also has a snare, a shield, and a long range attack with low CD and casting time, making sniping any low HP runners a breeze. Combined with the fact that she can see in bushes anytime she wants, she is easy in the sense that there is little threat to her if she plays intellegently. I almost always see Luxes buy a mejai, unless they are getting steamrolled early game because of a bad lanemate.

Oh, and tell your friend he's an idiot for going solely off of K/D for seeing how well someone is playing their role. And for believing anything put on that description page that isn't a definite fact (i.e. what a spell does) because Riot really doesn't know what they are doing for some of those tags and bars.