Mid-High Tier Nassus Advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amaranda

01-20-2010

So I hear that Nassus is considered a high-tier/Elo character. I remember reading somewhere that the highest rated player in LoL is a Nassus player..... I've been playing around with him a bit but I'm just not sure what kind of build to go with. Can any high-elo Nassus players offer some advice? I've read the guys and would love some extra input.

Drake Tseng

01-20-2010

I'm by no means a top 500 player but my ELO is high enough that I am getting people who know what they are doing, generally. However, I too share this curiosity. I've never seen a great Nasus and cannot figure out why he would be top tier. I, too, would like this information.

JunkRamen

01-20-2010

No such thing as a "high ELO" character, just characters effective at high ELO btw.

Flapjacks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2010

The "standard" Nasus build is something like aegis, merc treads, sheen, rest of triforce, banshees veil, this game is probably over

Hyfe

01-21-2010

Above poster is correct. I believe this is a common core build in higher elo. You need to adapt it though for the type of team your are on and the type of team you are facing. I forgo aegis bc in mid elo solo ques your team is not as adept at fighting together like in high elo premades and so it is less useful. A pub stomp dps oriented build is often effective in lower elo. However, in general a well rounded nasus with merc treads, chalice, sheen > trinity, starks if no one else is packing, and survivability/tanking items dependant on your enemies is your best bet.

Last hit with q as much as possible. Spam creep waves with e to farm. Get the golem buff. Remember the tankier you are the more effective your ult is in team battles and pushes. In said team battles, throw down your e, wither the carry, get in the middle of the action and ult when your health starts dropping.

Nasus is great solo even 1v2. Typically mid solo is better for the carry but if you've got a jungler grab the other solo lane, buy a chalice, spam sf all day and prosper. I would recommend playing it safe early. Despite his good abilities nasus is pretty weak early. Don't bother harassing other than dropping e on them and the creep wave. Just last hit as much as possible and farm. You should have one of the highest creep kills in the game.

I've got like 97 wins with nasus so this **** works.

Hyfe

01-21-2010

Btw another build some have advocated is 3 HoG or so and then stack sunfires for a pure tank build. I tried this build for 10 games or so and it does work, but it's less versatile. If you are your teams only tank it is probably more viable. I add a sunfire to my build if the game runs long enough bc it synergizes well with your ult and will melt faces.

Random tip when fighting with sheen: try to thwock after every spell cast. If you cast sf wither and siphoning all at once you just missed out on hundreds of bonus dmg. Use the sheen proc to your advantage.

My masteries are 0/21/9. Summoners cleanse/rally or tp if someone else has rally.

Messiah has a good guide on solomid. There's a couple good ones here but I don't think they are by high elo players like messiah.

Treedog

01-22-2010

Becasue if you give him a solo lane, he can pull off 1800 crits :P