Tencent Takes Further Investment in Riot Games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vagineer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2011

I dont understand, did they buy you or just invested money?

hyliandanny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2011

Good to know this spin is the stated, community-facing sentiment. I really hope for the best for your employees -- its their passion and quirkiness that makes this game as amazing as it is. Anything that might threaten that integrity -- as you saw with the Pantheon-gift-disaster -- is cause for concern.

Congratulations!

CodeComplex

02-04-2011

Whats the catch tryn....We all know something is gonna change besides add-ons. Tell us what could possible change for the community that we may disagree on.

Karnivore187

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
Greetings Summoners,

I am very excited to share with you some news from Riot Games. Today we're announcing that Tencent, one of our international publishing partners, is taking a bigger investment in Riot Games. What that means for all of your is that we will now have more resources to develop, grow and support League of Legends.

We have been working very closely with Tencent, since before beta and they are now taking a majority stake in Riot Games because they share our passion for supporting our community and improving League of Legends.

What this means to Summoners is that we will have the resources to build more features and add more content to League of Legends, nothing will change except us being able to deliver more awesome to you and faster! The Riot Team is going to continue our work on League of Legends, and continue hiring more people to join us so we can serve you better.

Thank you for your continued support!

Tryndamere
is this the unexpected we were expecting?

Heroice

02-04-2011

"Coming soon"

RHINO Mk II

02-04-2011

I thought you said earlier that money wasn't holding you back from giving us features.

I'm scared by TenCent holding a majority share.

Mynt

02-04-2011

I'm stoked that you've risen so far. To fall under an umbrella corporation is kind of the goal of a budding gaming company.

I just really hope Riot keeps the same talent they've collected so far. I'd miss you guys. n___n'

AkumaRook

02-04-2011

I hope they just dont make decisions for u...and I hope they dont try to make u sell power or anything like that.

Other than that its good

lolangeles

02-04-2011

play perfect world and you'll see what they do to american games.

i.d. in game advertising spam

Firellius

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
Greetings Summoners,

I am very excited to share with you some news from Riot Games. Today we're announcing that Tencent, one of our international publishing partners, is taking a bigger investment in Riot Games. What that means for all of your is that we will now have more resources to develop, grow and support League of Legends.

We have been working very closely with Tencent, since before beta and they are now taking a majority stake in Riot Games because they share our passion for supporting our community and improving League of Legends.

What this means to Summoners is that we will have the resources to build more features and add more content to League of Legends, nothing will change except us being able to deliver more awesome to you and faster! The Riot Team is going to continue our work on League of Legends, and continue hiring more people to join us so we can serve you better.

Thank you for your continued support!

Tryndamere
Hang on... so it's just an investment and not a takeover?

I am so relieved! I was worried that this game would become Pay2Win or some other form of customer torture thing...