Tencent Takes Further Investment in Riot Games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ben Dover xD

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
We have no plans to raise champion prices, didn't answer because I thought that was clear, sorry!

We're still exactly the same company & people who love our users.
Awww, thanks <3

cellophanedrunk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2011

Quote:
Greetings Summoners,

I am very excited to share with you some news from Riot Games. Today we're announcing that Tencent, one of our international publishing partners, is taking a bigger investment in Riot Games. What that means for all of you is that we will now have more resources to develop, grow and support League of Legends.

We have been working very closely with Tencent, since before beta and they are now taking a majority stake in Riot Games because they share our passion for supporting our community and improving League of Legends.

What this means to Summoners is that we will have the resources to build more features and add more content to League of Legends, nothing will change except us being able to deliver more awesome to you and faster! The Riot Team is going to continue our work on League of Legends, and continue hiring more people to join us so we can serve you better.

Thank you for your continued support!

For additional information and for the "official" announcement, check out our press release: http://www.riotgames.com/news/tencen...her-riot-games

Tryndamere
by "have more resources to develop, grow and support League of Legends", i take it to mean that having ANY resources is "more" than what you have now, considering your current resources "to develop" are being used not only to not provide any new additional features/services that your competitor HoN doesn't/hasn't already have/had, but you also aren't using these non-existent "resources to develop" to even keep UP with HoN, since after this long in production you STILL haven't offered any native client support for OS other than windows. your companies "growth" has been almost non-existent too, unless you're honestly considering the release of overpriced, imbalanced, unoriginal champions as "growth". as for ability to "support League of Legends"? HA! you can barely keep the servers up long enough for your customers to log in and play your "free" game, much less pay money to purchase riot points to spend in your shop. if you honestly want to "serve us[sic] better", pull your heads out of your butts. i can only speak for myself here, but i don't want MORE awesome out of the game quite yet, i'm quite content with the level of awesome your game provides. what i want out of you is the CURRENT level of awesome repackaged in a way that my friends and family that DON'T use windows can ALSO experience this "awesome"ness. and believe me, i'd HATE for the company Tencent to be told that they're making a terrible investment mistake investing in your company, as opposed to a similar company that is available to all major operating systems, as opposed to the ONE operating system that you've decided to support.
as for your post:
Quote:
We're still exactly the same company & people who love our users.
you might try to give off this image that you're remaining the same company, but that's the problem. you're static, stagnant, lacking inertia. and as for being the "people who love their[sic] users"...well, i don't have to repeat my previous statements do i? you can type together strings of words forming coherent sentences, so i hope i can assume you have a modicum of intelligence.

Sir Starke

07-27-2011

wrong thread.

Spartaan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

Posting in this thread

Piatchi

01-10-2012

is Riot public?

Brieg

06-18-2012

Magma Chamber