[Suggestion] Matchmaking +social incentive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Php

02-04-2011

This game is great. The overall sense of community isn't.

There's a simple reason for that: there isn't much of an incentive to act decent in a game. If someone gets killed twice within the first 6 minutes, I may or may not understand it might be a bad moment or a great play on the other side, and I might just wanna trash talk the guy for the next 50 minutes.

Hell, I won't see him ever again.

That's the central issue. I've played this game a lot of time. I don't think I've run in persons I had played with already more than once or twice. If I did I didn't notice.

There's a way to change that. It'd be similar to a friend list, but just so you can mark players you want to play again with and players you don't. The matchmaking algorithm can then factor this in and make it more likely you get matched with people you like and vice versa.

I'm not sure I'd integrate it with friend list but it may do just as well. Of course it should take into account wether the liking is mutual or not.

I know there's the friend list and if I wanted I could add lots of people and whenever I logged I could coordinate a premade, but I really dont like to do so. Why? Because I just wanna play. I like being able to log on and click play and play a game. It would just be awesome that the game took account of whom I want to be with and whom I don't.

Villiroth

02-04-2011

A personal blacklist has been suggested many times, although fools that think marking a few dozen baddies as "no" will result in 5min queue times have shot it down time and time again...

I like your "preferred player" idea too.

Pissfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2011

I agree with this, especially for this reason - there are some friends that I've added that I don't always want to play with, but I'd be perfectly happy to "like" people that I liked playing with without friending them.

Moogly

02-05-2011

They should just get a totally new matchmaking system, the current one must consist of monkeys and dice.
Stop ****ing throwing lvl 14s in my team when the other team has a guy with over 1.3k wins, THIS IS NOT GOOD MATCHMAKING. But what's the point in complaining, nothing is getting done about this game, bugs are just growing in numbers and nothing is getting fixed, far to busy making new skins.
Worst game company ever, miracle it's still alive.

Villiroth

02-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogly View Post
They should just get a totally new matchmaking system, the current one must consist of monkeys and dice.
Stop ****ing throwing lvl 14s in my team when the other team has a guy with over 1.3k wins, THIS IS NOT GOOD MATCHMAKING. But what's the point in complaining, nothing is getting done about this game, bugs are just growing in numbers and nothing is getting fixed, far to busy making new skins.
Did you even read the op?

Php

02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiroth View Post
A personal blacklist has been suggested many times, although fools that think marking a few dozen baddies as "no" will result in 5min queue times have shot it down time and time again...

I like your "preferred player" idea too.
Sad. Making the factor scale with how many people are online takes care of that tho. The blacklist just ain't enough - as I'm saying my problem is that we don't ever see people again... very few incentive to blacklist people for me..!

SurugaMonkey

02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogly View Post

You've complained in like 15 topics. No one is forcing you to play this free game you know