Noob (Dr.Mundo)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enveret

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS5KICKER View Post
Hey enveret! I remember I played a game with you as twisted fate! All I can suggest is to practice and learn your arsenal of skills that mundo has. If im not mistaken, he can be quite a monster that has close to unlimited health. I think that you should build him half dps/tank.
Haha! hey! we did that's right! yeah, I'm thinking that I might actually do that. I've been reading guides and peacing from them what I think is best yah know?

CARDBOARDWARRIOR

02-05-2011

Practice ganking and cleaver aim on Twisted Treeline. It did wonders for me!

Enveret

02-06-2011

Yeah, Cleaver aim is really important. Not only is it an awesome amount of damage. It's pretty intimidating when you get slowed and then see my purple ass comin' at yah. haha

Demention

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enveret View Post
Hi! I'm Enveret! I just started maybe two days go and I'm still only about ten games in! I've recently decided to start playing as Dr.Mundo and I know that he is really hard to master! I think I found some good game play and build/equips.

If you have any tips! I would love to hear it. (: (:
Mundo is my main.

I can offer tidbits.

Unlike the initial poster who said regrowth, i would disagree. First item snag Ruby Crystal. Last i checked, it offered more regen from his passive? This also contributes to building Warmogs.

I would ruby crystal first, boots second, return for regrowth pendant (because at this point, your abilities and cleaver spam will start putting you into an hp deficit before you get your ult).

Would skill Cleaver first -> Your bread and butter.
Masochism
1 point into W, only for cc reduction, level it last after you cap everything. Its pretty easy to level this up too early and put yourself into a nasty hp deficit.
Max cleaver and take points into masochism when you cant level Q.
**Always put a point into Ult(R) when available**

Then rush Spirit Visage. Visage is your CORE item no matter what Mundo build. It has an amazing synergy with your Ult.

From here you have a lot of situational items, but that should get ya started.

Make sure you spam Q. Use it to harass and last hit creeps, as your regen/hp pool wont be in a position to facilitate your W for farming yet. So always be spamming Q, with regard to your HP.

KenLaszlo

02-07-2011

I always check my opponents and I build accordingly.
If I feel confident enough at the start, I go with boots, if not, I buy doran's shield or regrowth pendant.
Depending on the early game performance, I rush Warmog, but if the enemy team has quite a bit of ap, I rush mercs boots, and visage. This way I increase my magic resist early to 100. The other option is to buy simple boots, rush visage, then buy a giants belt. After I get warmog and visage I check opponents again.
Recently I was matched against a malz and a warwick. The forth item of mine was quicksilver, and I wasnt mistaken because malz loved to get me supressed.
Against auto attackers I get thornmail, etc etc you get the point.
For skill order I cannot say anything new. Q then E maxed first, one W at lvl 4, R when possible, and finish W. Thats the average skill build. But I encourage you to alter it when you need.
For example If youre lucky enough to get matched against squishies, you can level up E and keep Q at quite a low level (maybe lvl 2 because this way you last hit much more easier, and the enemies wont get slower with Q leveling up). With E rushed and some critical runes you can devastate enemies.
But then again its all situational.

Demention

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLaszlo View Post
I always check my opponents and I build accordingly.
If I feel confident enough at the start, I go with boots, if not, I buy doran's shield or regrowth pendant.
Depending on the early game performance, I rush Warmog, but if the enemy team has quite a bit of ap, I rush mercs boots, and visage. This way I increase my magic resist early to 100. The other option is to buy simple boots, rush visage, then buy a giants belt. After I get warmog and visage I check opponents again.
Recently I was matched against a malz and a warwick. The forth item of mine was quicksilver, and I wasnt mistaken because malz loved to get me supressed.
Against auto attackers I get thornmail, etc etc you get the point.
For skill order I cannot say anything new. Q then E maxed first, one W at lvl 4, R when possible, and finish W. Thats the average skill build. But I encourage you to alter it when you need.
For example If youre lucky enough to get matched against squishies, you can level up E and keep Q at quite a low level (maybe lvl 2 because this way you last hit much more easier, and the enemies wont get slower with Q leveling up). With E rushed and some critical runes you can devastate enemies.
But then again its all situational.
I'd critique that build a tad. First of all, most every Mundo rides with Ghost(i personally ride with Ghost/Cleanse).

Boots would be a logical first choice for most champs, but ghost, mundo's slow (and ult, if you are on a roll before you blue pill for boots) give you some serious leverage.

The upside to Ruby Crystal > Boots/Dorans items is that you get base hp boost and scaling regen from your passive.

If it weren't for his passive, I would dorans as well.

I never boots first as a ghost cleaver chase would make the speed boost a tad redundant in terms of starting items.

Now, for thornmail, A lot of people mistakenly rush thornmail in the face of ad/autoattack dependent champs. I'd like to clarify that thornmail is a worthy investment vs 'aspd' dependent champs.

Your Yi's, Trynd's etc. Garens and tanky carries will likely have the resists to mitigate the dmg return of thornmail. Just something to consider if you are stuck in a tough place deciding whether to push more mr or armor.

Its never a bad choice when stacked against ad carries in general, as you'll need the armor and resists anyway, but it shines vs aspd carries.

Cleanse gets a bad reputation especially post nerf. Late game, Mundo will still lawl through people, ignite or not. Your ability to chase, tank a turret and 3 of their carries will be largely dependent on your ability to be evasive and fast. Your movement speed via ghost, ult and a cleanse makes you indomitable.

By the time you escape the fray, guess what? Ult is off cd again and you can literally turn back around and lawl some more.

And cleanse is too valuable to save for an ignite even if cleanse 'did' clear ignite(or it's health/regen reducing effects).

An ignite on your ult will slow you in your tracks early-mid game, big deal, get a QSS if you are honestly dying to ignite lol.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-07-2011

I'm going to critique your critique. Just because 'everybody is running Ghost' doesn't make it the best or even a good spell for Mundo; it might just be a crutch they need to learn to live without. (I'm not saying it's bad, but don't just black ball anyone who suggests a different summoner spell/item.)

Now I'll tell you why I disagree with Cleanse being necessary on him. What boots do you usually get? If you're having trouble with stuns/slows, Merc and your W will make them think twice about using any moderate cds on you, and you'll just laugh through any short cd/passive cc.

Here I'll make a random comment related to the thread. Now I want to play Mundo again, it's been too long.

Demention

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
If you're having trouble with stuns/slows, Merc and your W will make them think twice about using any moderate cds on you, and you'll just laugh through any short cd/passive cc.
While this sounds very sound in theory, in practice I've had totally opposing results.

Merc treads and W are fine and dandy, but I've been anchored many times. Anchored 'hard'.

Merc+W, can help me out in a scuffle, But ghost+cleanse and I can tank 3 champs, kill one and continue romping away scot-free.

The synergistic relationship between ghost, cleanse and cleaver exceeds the boundaries of simply surviving or acting as a faux escape mechanic.

For example, I will very seldom not succeed in a cleaver chase unless they have an on-hit effect slow, exhaust or ability. In which cases, they almost always have a contingency.

Pairing exhaust+ghost when i already have cleaver seems a tad redundant, while by no means useless.

Cleanse starts looking better the more you really start to analyze the alternatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
I'm not saying it's bad, but don't just black ball anyone who suggests a different summoner spell/item
I'm not "black balling" you. I'm explaining why i feel cleanse+ghost is infinitely more appropriate. Cleanse will always be an underdog summoner choice.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2011

Regrowth pendant lets you have 15 HP/5 and a potion in case you get bursted down.

Dorans Shield gives you 10 HP/5, plus 120Health which really improves your 'bulk' and lane presence. 120 heath x0.3/sec = 120 health times 1.5% HP/5 = 1.8 HP/5. Total is 11.8 HP/5. Plus a bit of armor, but no recovery from burst damage thru potion.

Ruby Crystal adds 180 health for a big bulk up in lane. However, it only adds 2.7 HP/5 regen which just isnt enough for cleaver spam. No potion means this option blows.

Hence, Id recommend one of the first 2. Dorans is best but slows your build. Regrowth builds into warmogs if you are taking that early.

c4ke333ter

02-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
I don't play mundo much but I know this much, always, always, ALWAYS carry cleanse on mundo. If the enemy team has brains they will attempt to ignite you reducing your healing by alot.
I dont think cleanse stops ignite anymore does it?