Noob (Dr.Mundo)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enveret

02-04-2011

Hi! I'm Enveret! I just started maybe two days go and I'm still only about ten games in! I've recently decided to start playing as Dr.Mundo and I know that he is really hard to master! I think I found some good game play and build/equips.

If you have any tips! I would love to hear it. (: (:

Birdy51

02-04-2011

Ah the Doctor is an excellent choice. His greatest strengths come from an inability to die late game and a super fun early game cleaver fest. However, you have to know how to achieve both.

I always, I repeat, ALWAYS grab a regrowth pendent, as it builds into Warmog's, which grants Mundo epic amounts of health late game. In addition, it can keep you throwing cleavers at your foes 24/7. As soon as it comes off cooldown, you should know where you want to throw it. Not sure if the bush is safe? Cleaver. If your enemies are out of reach, it makes a handy farming tool to just throw at far off minions. Just make sure you last hit them, so you get gold from it.

Burning Agony is'nt usually among my early spell picks, unless the enemy leaves my lane alone a while. Then I will drop in a point and use it to burn minions. But whatever you do, don't just leave it on early game. It hurts, and after a while it will damage your health significantly. Late game the health loss is mitigated by mass regeneration, meaning you can leave it on a bit more.

Masochoism is handy, just turn it on and hit people. :P

Sadism does't always require good timing, but I usually try to start it up before a teamfight, unless I know for sure they would'nt be able to kill me quickly. It's also handy for staying in a lane against agressive enemies, if you get hurt go back to the turret and pop Sadism, and watch your health go up. Then return for more Cleaver action!

Beyond that, good luck. :P

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-04-2011

Spirit Visage is an amazing item on him. If the enemy team has moderate-high cc (crownd control: stuns, snares, slows) capability, Mercury Treads are also awesome, as they combine with your W to make you nigh impossible to hold down very long.

Your main role is a tanky dps. What this means is that you are hard to kill, but still dish out a decent amount of damage. You usually want to join team fights pretty early (after your tank), and try to take out their squishy champions while protecting yours.

Early game is really all about the cleaver spam, you get half of the health cost refunded if you hit something, so you really want to hit something; try to aim at enemy champions when they have minions behind them when you can, as when they dodge it will still hit a minion behind them, giving you a bit of health back.

I said he was tanky dps, but he can be built anywhere from almost a full blown tank, to melee dps with just a bit of survivability. Where you play him on this spectrum is up to you, but starting out I would suggest leaning a bit more heavily towards the tank end, as it's more forgiving of your mistakes; DPS Mundo is a bit more aggressive and 'suicidal,' as you gain more damage from your E the lower your health is, and your R allows you to sit at low health while taking a beating.

As for Warmog's, Mundo is one of the few champions it is viable on, but it's not the only, or even necessarily the best way to build him. A Warmog's Mundo lacks the damage output of a Mundo built another way, but doesn't have the team fight presence of a tank, meaning he can largely be ignored. If you can get your Mog's pretty early (you're farming well), then by all means go for it, just know that it doesn't help you with damage output at all (while spirit visage at least gives you lower cooldowns for a fraction of the cost), and an enemy with Madred's will burn through you just as fast.

Methelod

02-04-2011

I don't play mundo much but I know this much, always, always, ALWAYS carry cleanse on mundo. If the enemy team has brains they will attempt to ignite you reducing your healing by alot.

A LowRatedPlayer

02-04-2011

I can reccomend you my friend, he is the best mundo i know
with mundo/morgana he has gotten to 1920s (top 0.X%) so hes a really good player and this is a really good build

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...g-madman.xhtml

he runs exhaust\ghost usually takes a solo but if dou is strong goes dou, can jungle its just not as effective.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-04-2011

Cleanse no longer removes Ignite, so cleanse is actually pretty much worthless on Mundo, as Merc Treads and your W give you all the CC reduc you could dream of.

Enveret

02-04-2011

Wow! thanks for all the massive tips! I never really though that the cleaver was really useful, but I'm starting to see now that early game you wanna boost it up. cause you're very squishy without any equips.

Sineoth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-04-2011

It also does percentage damage, so its scary at any level, with NO gear.

AS5KICKER

Recruiter

02-04-2011

Hey enveret! I remember I played a game with you as twisted fate! All I can suggest is to practice and learn your arsenal of skills that mundo has. If im not mistaken, he can be quite a monster that has close to unlimited health. I think that you should build him half dps/tank.

Mr Zafrada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2011

Read Roku's mundo guide, one of the best mundo players on the server

http://runeterra.com/forums/index.ph...sg7644#msg7644