Viability of all potions at start?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thinkdealer

02-03-2011

With dorans items nerfed, people are rethinking their early game buys. someone with 2 hp pots will almost always outlast someone with a dorans item and no pots. I was thinking though, if you just bought all pots, you could outlast your opponents immensely, stay in lane practically indefenitely, and probably make back the 475g you wasted on pots, not to mention you would have a level advantage on the enemy. Solomid with 10 hp pots would be a nightmare. You are both low hp, you port, next thing you know the mid is 3/4 hp and wailing on your tower.

So, has anyone tried this? Seems like it could be viable. ATM i run cloth armor and 5x hp pots on alistar and it keeps me in lane for a very long time, thats where i got the idea anyway.

Bringbackpluto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-03-2011

I'd rather buy a fort elixer + pots. The HP/dmg will make your harassing much more potent than theirs, especially on a champ like Janna or Annie. Haven't tested it yet though.

LolthsWorthy

02-03-2011

i rarely get the dorans items with tanks or casters.

For tanks, would rather have the Regrowth Pendant plus potion. With casters, meki plus 2 health pots, or one health pot on mana pot.

With ranged carry types...then yes, dorans blade seems alright

Maal

02-04-2011

I just go with meki/mana crystal/cloth armor/mantle/reju bead + potions, up to the champions to start. it's a step toward the first item.