Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to play Pantheon now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fatalend

02-03-2011

I'm looking for REAL, current advice. I am tired of looking for guides and seeing these crazy glass cannon builds that only work in low elo. I know that against any half decent team, pantheon needs survivability. If you have nothing to suggest but all DPS items then I'd rather not get a suggestion at all.

Does anyone have reccomendations on skill order, runes, masteries, and items?

Kryoz

02-03-2011

Quote:
Fatalend:
I'm looking for REAL, current advice. I am tired of looking for guides and seeing these crazy glass cannon builds that only work in low elo. I know that against any half decent team, pantheon needs survivability. If you have nothing to suggest but all DPS items then I'd rather not get a suggestion at all.

Does anyone have reccomendations on skill order, runes, masteries, and items?

Defense list is:

Hexdrinker
banshees
thorn
guardian angel

Rest is standard and because pantheon has so much burst dps with hss he rarely requires anymore as anything that deals sufficient damage to kill him should die before it can with the aid from your team.

IdleAltruism

02-03-2011

My typical Pantheon build is something like this

11/0/19 for Armor Pen and CDR

Runes are Armor Pen marks and quints, mana regen seals. Glyphs depend on my mood, CDR and Flat MR are my favorite.

For items it depends on the lane and who I'm fighting. I like Dorans shield right now (after the nerf I'm not so much a fan of Doran's Blade) because it means that I'm significantly tankier, which makes poor ranged carries quake in their boots, and it gives nice stats to boot. As strange as it sounds, boots+3 pots works well vs ranged dps.

As for summoners, Ghost is basically mandatory. Ignite, Exhaust, Teleport and Flash are all good ones too.

After that my usual item build is something like:
boots (CDR boots or Merc treads, depending on the enemy team)
Brutalizer unless doing fabulously well, then I skip this for a BF sword>Bloodthirster. I'll eventually get both.
If my team likes to team fight a lot, I'll start working on a Banshees (picking up the pieces, not necessarily completing it)
If I'm going gank crazy I like to build Randuin's Omen. It means you can tower dive like a boss in conjunction with your passive.

Your damage items and defensive items are all pretty much interchangable in what order they come. I'd recommend getting a Brutalizer at the very least for offensive purposes before you start building defensively.

After you're set with your boots2, Brut, BF sword/Bloodthirster and defensive item you should then decide whether you need the other defensive items or more BF swords.

Skill order depends on the lane. If you can't fight them at level 1, grab spear for last hitting. If you're ganking with team, you grab stun. If you're confident in your ability to own your lane get HSS.

Skill order is R>E>Q>W. Get your stun at level 2 and forget about it. E is your main source of damage.

Your basic combo is W+E+Q, you can throw a Q first if you're not low on mana or to burst bubbles.

Just remember that you only need 140 mana to unleash hell on anyone from level 2 on and abuse that fact. Once you hit level 6 man drop on whoever dares push their lane too far out on recharge.