Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Disable clicking on the HUD while aiming a skillshot.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hotarukin

04-12-2011

My vote goes for an option to enable clickthrough with the Hud. My hud is only there for the map and my cooldowns, anyway, I've never clicked on a spell in my entire time of playing. I have, however, Fired my lazer Northwest while trying to fire straight east on bottom lane... several times.

Fantastic Chimni

04-12-2011

Smart casting may fix it, but when playing olaf, the axe goes a different length according to where your cursor is. It would be nice to know how far the axe can go rather than guessing. And dont say, "You play the champ, learn the distance". Sure, I do that after a while, but should we have to learn to play better to be on the purple team rather than the blue team? Also, the majority of games I play the blue team does end up winning. Not sure if there is any correlation here.

Tha Steelman

04-12-2011

This problem created a few embarrassing mistakes for me as Amumu; easy kills missed because I threw bandages back into my own team instead of the proper direction. I don't use smart-casting just because I like to see the arrow stretch out during chases so I can time the cast making sure they are in range.

issacbadgeroo

04-12-2011

Over and over again, I always get messed up with Nidalie and her spear. Playing in purple is a total drag when I'm her. He spear is one of her best moves to get the jump on people, but it always seems that I end up hitting the little boxes and I either do something completely different, or I don't do anything at all. Oi, I'm totally tired of it. I think it would be cool if you had your choice to remove some things and keep others on the HUD. Like an options menu in the options menu for the HUD. ^.=.^

psytz

04-12-2011

o_O !

Razikii

04-12-2011

Learn to either aim without needing to click AT the champion, or learn to play without centered view?

Harshly put, but that's just about how it seems to me.

Jaawn

04-13-2011

Quote:
Razikii:
Learn to either aim without needing to click AT the champion, or learn to play without centered view?

Harshly put, but that's just about how it seems to me.

If the HP bars stopped working, the solution would NOT be "learn to play without health bars" ...

Similarly, learning to deal with the clickable HUD during skillshots issue doesn't solve anything. Getting used to an issue is not a solution... I AM used to this problem and I deal with it frequently. That doesn't mean there is no problem.

Just because you aren't bothered by dealing with this doesn't mean it should go unaddressed. Judging by the responses to this thread and the upvotes on the original post, I would say most people see this as something that should be fixed.

It's fine that you aren't bothered by it, but it isn't fine to suggest that the people who ARE bothered by it should just deal. This is especially true when the people bothered by the issue are (seemingly) the majority.

TL;DR: You don't fix problems by telling people they aren't problems.

TMC Kat

04-13-2011

I support this. This especially rapes me when im playing nidalee, and im aiming my spear.

Jaawn

04-14-2011

*looks at the view count on other threads in this forum with Red posts*...

*hopes that the discrepancy means important people have looked at this and just don't have a good response*

Zabrio

Recruiter

04-14-2011

I wish we could re-size individual parts of the hud and move it around, as it is right now, blue not only has a FOV advantage when focusing their champ but a skill shot one as well