Disable clicking on the HUD while aiming a skillshot.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xFortune

02-24-2011

They definitely need to fix this or swap the view on purple team.

Their whole game is full of annoying and stupid bugs, they need to get to work and assign more budget to their dev/coding team and less budget to their art/story/champ creation team.

Jaawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duce Bohogren View Post
The simplest solution is to just make the HUD (with the exception of the mini-map) immune to right clicking in general... because honestly... who opens the shop with right mouse?
This would make chasing/running MUCH easier.
This wouldn't fix the skillshot issue though...since you left-click to fire a skillshot

xephh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2011

Happens as mundo.

Kirby8MyDog

03-08-2011

I don't get this problem much, but my hotkeys are set so that my Q skill (most often a skillshot) is set to smartcast (or cast in the direction of my mouse) for the T button... So with smartcasting for my skill shots i just hit the button and my cleavers fly into faces. I would recommend trying this if you have problems with click on the HUD.

Vuliev

03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthunt View Post
Yeah, I play Mundo and Ezreal and this is a pretty common problem for me.

One thing that also happens is that when I'm moving I accidentally right-click on the hud itself so I stop moving.

One thing you can do is to learn to smart-cast using Shift+Q or whichever button your skillshot is assigned to. Still, this is something Riot should fix.
Shift-cast is easily the best way to work around the clicking problem; I haven't used the click for Kennen's shuriken since I figured out how to smart-cast.

Another way to do it might be to have a second button-press act as your click, i.e.

>Q to activate Thundering Shuriken
>Aim with cursor
>Q again to throw Shuriken at your cursor

Lynxon

03-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by incongruity View Post
I support this thread. Better yet, make it so no matter the team, you always view yourself from the bottom. Even better than that, give us the ability to orient the camera to any direction we choose. I'm not sure how this game came out of beta without such a feature.
This is exactly what is needed to fix the problem IMO. Bumping with support.

Maelkeleth

03-13-2011

I agree with this, it is very annoying with shen/olaf who I play often. They should just make the HUD click-through like you idea when aiming a skill shot. Also, as a semi related issue I would like to be able to lock mini map movement so I do not accidentally right click the map while I am chasing/running and turn the opposite direction. Very very annoying.

LeOKiN VII

03-14-2011

Waiwaiwaiwai.... i feel the sudden urge to shoot in the opposite direction "HAIIIIIII" *Beam*...

Yeah..... see that light beam? yeah you don't want none.

Jaawn

04-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelkeleth View Post
I agree with this, it is very annoying with shen/olaf who I play often. They should just make the HUD click-through like you idea when aiming a skill shot. Also, as a semi related issue I would like to be able to lock mini map movement so I do not accidentally right click the map while I am chasing/running and turn the opposite direction. Very very annoying.
you can turn off that function so clicking the minimap doesn't move you ever. There isn't an easy way to turn it on and off though. It would be nice if you could set it to shift-click for moving by clicking on the minimap.

facepalmextreme

04-12-2011

smart casting defeats this issue.