Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Proving Grounds Feb. 5th Rosters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JymboJones

02-06-2011

What you're saying makes perfect sense.

To someone who understands warding, which most of us still learning the game really don't. =p

Burbinator

02-06-2011

Quote:
JymboJones:
What you're saying makes perfect sense.

To someone who understands warding, which most of us still learning the game really don't. =p

Warding is one of the most important parts of the game. Strategic warding of blue/red buff can shut down the enemy jungler. Warding prevents ganks on your lane. It lets you react to dragon attempts or do it more safely, with map awareness of the other champions.

A major part that we were missing in our saturday games were jungle ganks etc. Normally it's extremely dangerous to push more than halfway across your lane, because it's asking to get killed by the other team's jungler. In bot lane, we pushed more than i would've liked, however i didn't really ask janna to stop tornado harass because we had constant vision of your whole team (2 in top 1 mid). In a real game situation you would want to buy a ward at around 6+ minutes (or whenever you first bluepill back) because this is apprximately when most junglers get red and are ready to gank, assuming a normal route starting at blue. (ward in the bushes leading to river from your lane, btw). It's also good to get a ward around 10 minutes for dragon. With the recent changes to dragon its much harder for a jungler to solo, but it's still possible for two or three champions to take it down relatively quickly, depending on who they are of course. This is why top is always solo. That way you can have two champions in bottom lane closer to the dragon for better dragon control, more constant warding etc. As you get to higher levels of play you might want to consider warding their jungle and interfering with the enemy jungler, if it seems worth the risk to you.

dirtystyle

02-07-2011

thank you to everyone who organized and participated in Proving Grounds! it was a blast! I know i learned a ton! Burb, dont lie, you know you enjoyed being a carry in that 2nd game! lol but yea i agree having a mentor carry may be a little too much.

Great time and i think most of us learned a lot just from the few games. watching the mento game was very cool too!

And then to top it all off a bravery game! so much fun!

Stillhart

02-07-2011

Oh you watched the mentor game? I didn't know if anyone actually watched it. There were definitely some "derp" moments where we went, "yeah... we were doing that to show the noobies what NOT to do..."

Basically because all the real tanks got banned, both teams had to go with off-tank tanks. Our team had Mord tanking but he didn't realize until like 20+ minutes in that he was supposed to be main tank and so he built the wrong starting item(s). Oh well, I'm sure there's still value in seeing how one team can take advantage of these small weaknesses and exploit the **** out of them.

I think we mentors have to come up with some more rules about our play in the teaching games. For instance, I think we shouldn't be allowed to play any of our mains. And I think we should be slightly more passive the entire game to allow us to watch other lanes and see how things are going. I felt like my lane was pretty active and I couldn't take the time to offer advice to anyone outside my lane (during the laning phase).

R66Y

02-07-2011

Moving the discussion back to the main PG thread. Will let this on die a natural death