Proving Grounds Feb. 5th Rosters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ryzeonline

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by R66Y View Post
Use runes / masteries. We only had one player below 10, most are in the mid teens to low 20s. IF they aren't already seeing people ion their games with full rune pages and masteries, they will be shortly.

Mentors can play carries if they want, but I'd suggest building around the new players so they can play the champs they are interested in. I'd prefer it if mentors lane against each other, but realize this may not always happen. Main thing to keep in mind is that we are trying to teach players, not play a game of who has the better smurf (because that is both discouraging to the new guys and I KNOW I'll lose that game). I'm not going to say to hold back because it's important for people to occasionally make mistakes, that's how we learn, but at the same time, you might want to run someone who isn't your main. It's a bit of a fine line tbh.
Beautifully said

A LowRatedPlayer

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSentient View Post
(And P.S. no Oneiro in the games? Pffft! <grin>)
he should be on the other team vs me in mid (so we wont be bashing other people) and i'll even let him play AP ez lololool

(trollface)

Methelod

02-04-2011

I'll participate if you need players, I don't know if I could be considered a mentor or a nub.

A LowRatedPlayer

02-04-2011

what level are you, how many wins/losses, have u played ranked games?

Methelod

02-04-2011

I'm level 22. with about equal wins/losses (Can't pull it up atm, but I believe I have more losses) and no I've never played a ranked game.

A LowRatedPlayer

02-04-2011

nub then :P lol no offense

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2011

Quote:
Confirmed

I may throw up a poll shortly here asking about times people are available, as I realize it still god awful early for you SP. May be able to either bump it to later in the evening so it's Sunday morning for ya.
Huh? It's midnight for me, with is perfect :P Making it later is the wrong direction - it will be both late for you guys, and late for me (like 3-4am like last time lol )

R66Y

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomniumProxy View Post
Huh? It's midnight for me, with is perfect :P Making it later is the wrong direction - it will be both late for you guys, and late for me (like 3-4am like last time lol )
Great. I was hesitant to go earlier since then it starts getting towards saturday morning for those ont he west coast. Looks like we found a happy medium.

A LowRatedPlayer

02-04-2011

Quote:
Great. I was hesitant to go earlier since then it starts getting towards saturday morning for those ont he west coast. Looks like we found a happy medium.
sunday morning u mean?

R66Y

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphira17 View Post
sunday morning u mean?
Hmm, nope. It's set for saturday 6pm EST (GMT-5) right now. I know several people in EU want to join, but they are anywhere from GMT to roughly GMT+3 (which means 6pm EST saturday would be as late as 2 AM sunday for them). I had considered putting it later in the day Saturday, say 11 PM, which wold then make it an early morning for those that didn't want to stay up late in EU.

The other option, moving it to earlier in the day, was, I felt, a poor chioce since it would have meant those on Pacific time (GMT-8) would have been starting around noon (hence my saturday morning coment). While doable, most people are on in the afternoon/evening, so I was trying to keep it in that time frame for most of NA since that is where most of the players are.

Either way, looks like we are set with the current times. Gotta love time zones.