Mordekaiser's design flaw: Not much risk/reward for him

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valgamesh

02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TsarBomb0 View Post
But this is also a no-brainer for Morde, he always pushes his lane and spams his skills on the creeps. I have never seen a Morde that doesn't do this. All of his skills except his ult push the lane so it's a futile effort to not push it unless you wanna be as harmless as an early-game Tryndamere.
That is not true.
It is also a reason why people believe that Morde is not viable in ranked.
You do NOT have to push your lane as Mordekaiser, just because it is easy to do does not make it the right thing to do. You might be beefier than most other push champs, but you are still very vulnerable to ganks, since you have nothing to escape.

Play smart Morde, not pushpushpush nunubot-mode Morde.

Dragonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

Now I don't think that he is easy to play at all. Proper timing on his ultimate while knowing how to maximize all his abilities isn't particularly easy. The thing to remember is that Morde has no CC to speak of and that he also is very vulnerable to CC himself.

This forum community has gotten so bad that they will downvote anything that makes them think for ever a moment.....

SyntheticLies

02-03-2011

No reward for microing his ghost? what happens when all that DPS is getting focused onto the rammus while the carry gets away safe? what happens when your ghost attacks minions and you cant kill the tower with your **** melee DPS? a ranged carry turned into a ghost is a powerful thing, i cant count how many times a low HP champ sits next to tower and ignore's my ghost, then get destroyed because i set my ghosty on him, or how many times i have won a 1v3 because i spike down a twitch and the ghost is able to trash the yi, and then chase the nunu down.

ShaQuandria

02-03-2011

I don't really see what's wrong with morde. With the right build and with a real tank on the team, he seems very strong. I've been trying out a build recently and it seems to roll faces. He fits into a team as kind of an off-tank ap-pusher. I can farm like crazy and don't get ganked often as I play smart and push a wave very quickly and then retreat back.

Farming with morde is a no brainer while actual team fights do rely on proper placement and timing with when and whom to ghost. He's not a difficult champion but I feel if you have a good idea how and when to engage, you can be very strong.