ww help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lowecore

02-02-2011

so ive been playing ww and i like him a lot. im able to jungle, control dragon and buffs and keep my lvl up np. where im having trouble is mid to late game, i just seem to die quickly in team fights and gwnerally feel i dont do enough dmg. it seems to me that ww falls off pretty hard after lvl 14 or so.

my regular build is :

razors
boots ( berserks or lucida )
bloodrazors
FoN/ banshees
blood thirster/ infinity edge
phantom dancer

any suggestions would be great. i seem tofall to burst dmg combos a lot, viegar/ ryze, but i dont want to invest to heavily in resist gear as that also take away from my effectiveness, or is that just what i need to do?

lets assume my opponents are:

akali/ cho gath/ ryze/ veigar and xin.

thx in advance.

Lowecore

02-02-2011

bump,

no opinions? is this ww's weakness? you can have dps or survivability, but not both?

does he give enough to a team by controlling jungle/ dragon that his team fight capability is acceptable? or am I playing him wrong and need to work on my tactics?

Steve ofthe Gods

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2011

I play ww a ton, and I used to go a full dmg build (with occult and all sorts of stuff). Now however, I build him closer to a tank.

I start cloth armor, 1 potion > razor > atk spd boots > madreds bloodrazor > banshees > Guardians Angel > bloodrazor > either FoN, Thormail, or another attack item like infinity edge or last whisper.

The last item depends on whether or not the other team is dealing too much dmg. Normally GA and banshees is plenty for durability.
With madreds I find I do plently of damage. I also have atk speed runes(red yellow and quints) and magic resist runes(blue) which makes me a little more durable and makes me jungle much faster.

SoFFacet

02-02-2011

Long Sword is faster than Cloth Armor.

My usual two items after MBR are Spirit Visage and Glacial Shroud. Tankiness and CDR. Thats kind of new school WW. Old school WW is Veil+GA. They are both good.

Koburoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

WW, like all melee range champs, needs to be built around survivability. Rushing bloodrazers adds great damage to your ult, and allows for complete jungle control. After that, survibility would be key.Given the match up you gave in your example, you'd want to get MR first, because Akali is mostly magic damage, veigar is magic damage, ryze is magic damage, and Cho is mostly magic (besides ult). Buy a thornmail for Xin, or have your team focus him first.

A good build against this lineup would be:
Bloodrazers -> Merc treads -> banshee -> Thornmail -> FoN -> Malady/GA

AntiTcb

02-03-2011

Warwick provides much more consistent damage when built as an off tank, just because he's much harder to take out in one burst rotation.

Maxmatical

02-03-2011

Your build contains too much damage items and not enough defensive, thus severely shuts down WW's effectiveness.

Bloodrazers and Merc Treads first. Then Banshee -> Spirit Visage -> Guardian Angel -> Randuin's

My personal favorite build because it offers you the survivability to be able to enter the fray first and leave last.

Tokinatoor

02-03-2011

Ive played Warwick a bit....

And this might be a bit more of a fun build and less of a "cost-efficient" but Abyssal Staff with SV can lead into some interesting results.

(I like it for AP/Tankwick but i would never use it in a ranked)

Maxmatical

02-03-2011

Except that makes no sense whatsoever