Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP/DPS Shen...holy sh-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FaerellG

02-03-2011

Quote:
kwjnfkjsdg:
k well maybe i'm not 100% familiar with the exact specifics of the terminology, i apologize for not owning a LoL textbook.

to me, farming is merely how well you make money off of killing creeps, which shen is technically good at. i don't have to be level 18 to be able to kill a creep with my Q>lichbane combo, and repeat it half a second later with my Q's low cooldown. say whatever, but i always have a lead on creep kills than the opposing mid, unless their mid is extremely aggressive at lvls 1-3 and zones me out.

I'm not trying to be a jerk about this, but it is a very critical difference for the purposes of this discussion since you're talking about multiple very expensive items.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PineapplePine

02-03-2011

Oh, I want to add a few other details. Because you`re melee without any real damage abilities other than a 3-4 seconds mini nuke. You`re really quite useless as a melee DPS. At most, you can play him as hybrid tank/AP. But either way, you need to play him as a tank for the first bit of the game and grab a few tank items (whether its basic items - giant's belt for example - or full item - Randuin's for example -). He just deals way too little damage other than his Ki Strike and Vorpal Blade that even if you dash forward and do your whole burst combo, the enemy can flash/run away and kite you. If you are rolling, it is probably KS's just like a tank Shen's kill (usually). Its just now with a Shen or Lich Bane you can KS better. Rylai's is NOT a good item on Shen if you want to use Taunt backwards (you run pass the enemy and taunt towards your team). Rylai's is NOT a good item by maxed levels of Taunt. You taunt, they are taunted for 2 seconds which is just the same duration as Rylai's. So they wouldn't be slowed after Taunt. If you want Rylai's for Vorpal Blade... well I don't think thats cost effective.

Items that I would recommend if you go hybrid are: Hourglass, Abyssal if your team is stacking magic dealers otherwise FoN or Banshee's, and Sheen/Lich Bane. You won't be nuking with Lich Bane at really high damage like +400 since you have limited AP items so whether you upgrade Sheen is your choice. But Sheen is "ok" as Sheen + Passive + Auto attack = nice nuke. Sheen isn't hard to proc either since Q and W have short cooldowns when maxed.

Anyways, no matter what you build other than tank Shen people will rage at you.