What the hell am I doing wrong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ozsavsta

01-20-2010

Gday guys

I am quite new to this delightful game, but even so, I read nearly every guide I can find on a toon I want to play. and thus, I have learnt last hitting is the key to making money right? Well I last hit, I would say 80% of every mod I hit and hit a decent amount of them, but still I just cant afford squat. I see people running with 3 Bloodthirsters or 2 zhonyas rings and I have JUST gotten Infinty Edge.

So the short of it is, someone tell me how I can make gold cause I am **** out of luck on this.

Thanks

ReclusiveVoa

01-20-2010

Last hitting is early lane phase stuff. If you want to get big items quickly, you need to gank almost constantly and pick up the kill bonus. If you spend too long laning, you're getting minimal gold.

Ozsavsta

01-20-2010

So, lane for what? first 6 levels then go help gank?

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

01-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozsavsta View Post
So, lane for what? first 6 levels then go help gank?
Pretty much, try and not die upto lv 6. Pill back, get what you need then go help your team and try and Gank/Push towers.

Youll find it easier to gank if you aim for a couple of smaller items first.. Say if your playing a DPS character, Greaves and Last Whisper before IE...

Ozsavsta

01-20-2010

I'll have to give that a go. This method aint workin for me so time to change how im playing i guess. Thanks for that guys.

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2010

Ehh, ganking isn't the only way. Ganking isn't always a viable option for every character, and sometimes you won't get credit for assists. Farming is always a solid way of making gold, murdering wave after wave of creeps (And pushing the tower if they let you) is a way to get back into the game if you feel you've fallen behind mid game. I know that if I had a horrible early game as a carry and I know the enemy team has started the roaving-bush sitting gank squad, all I have to do is make sure I know where they are and farm as hard as possible. I've seen quite a few games where a Yi or Tryn didn't join in on the ganking, and instead their team just played defensively while letting their hard carry farm for 10 extra minutes. If your team didn't give away very many kills, suddenly that carry is way ahead on money and dominates the game.

Though, like most things in LoL, it comes down to you not dying and your team not dying. If no one is dying, then whoever is killing the most minions is ahead in the money game. If lots of people are dying, minion gold isn't nearly as important.

Grovel

01-20-2010

The problem for new players like us, is no matter how much homework you're doing, how careful you are, most of your teammates are pretty clueless and don't realize running off on their own and getting ganked is only helping the other team.

It's kind of a lost cause if your teammates are feeding, because it's highly unlikely they'll stop doing it.

Tetrall Mors

01-20-2010

sounds like your having trouble farming.

good farmers are:

hearty tanks/support
singed
soraka
taric

Good last hitters/carries are:
tristana
gangplank
Ryze
ect.

Singed is great in any game, read a few of the guides on him... make sure you max poison trail and glue first.

soraka is a beast if you build her right. she can harass so effectively and absorb quite a bit of damage.

these are the two I suggest for a new player.

nicosharp

01-20-2010

Best Katarina I had to play against was the other day (despite my horribly dying comps attempt to maintain fps and latency)
She went for a Doran's Shield(maybe it was blade, forgetting), and then 2 Hearts of Gold. Followed by a BF Sword. You build small items first that will increase your survivability and damage, and those items will return more gold as you survive and kill minions and enemy champs without having to leave your lane, and less worry of dying to opposing ganks.

Prospero

01-20-2010

What do your builds look like? You may be saving up for too long. Also, don't be afraid to blow mana on killing minions; as long as you are last hitting it's worth blowing mana on minions. I used to be very careful to save my mana for harassing other champs, but I've found my mid/late games are much more successful by putting most of that mana into killing minions.