WTB Soraka HELP!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aviraaaa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

Actually, I believe theree are three main characteristics to building Soraka. Generally, you mix them two or all of them together to fit both your play style and the needs of the team. First is AP. Second, auras. Third, cool down reduction. I love spamming things, so cool down reduction is usually the main aspect of my builds. And, you must also keep in mind that Soraka isn't the best farming champion, so building very expensive items may be difficult, especially in the beginning.

> Usually, if I'm having an okay game, for the core build, I like getting:
- Soul Shroud
- Frozen Heart
- Boots of Mobility or Mercury Treads. In the normal build, boots are very situational.

This build gives you the 40% CD cap, some health, mana, and mana regen. Mana and mana regen are nice so you don't have to use your Infuse on yourself. Spam silence and more mana for your team is always good. I do realize that you could always get one item and blue buff, but even at level 18, it takes a little while for Soraka to get the buff on her own, and I always feel like there's someone else (like a dps carry) who could use the buff more than I can.

> But if I'm having a pretty good game and don't feel too endangered, I get:
- Mejai's Soulstealer
- Boots of Lucidity
- Shurleya's Reverie

If you get full stacks, this puts you over the 40% CD cap, but if you don't, you are slightly under it by 10%. Shurleya's gives you a little health, hp regen, and mana regen. This build is much squishier and less enduring than the other build, which is why I only suggest it if you don't feel endangered in team fights or you're doing very well. Also, if using this build, rush Philosopher's Stone, which builds into Shurleya's, so you can get the most out of its passive.

As for the other items in your build, I have a few suggestions.

> If you are being focused, perhaps one of the following may help:
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter
- Guardian Angel
- Banshee's Veil
- Zhonya's Hourglass

These are all good defensive items. But, I don't like GA because it assumes you are going to die enough during the game to make use of it. I only recommend it if you are definitely being focused during all of the team fights.

> Other good aura items that haven't been mentioned already are:
- Randuin's Omen
- Aegis of the Legion

Randuin's is good for enemy AD heavy teams, while Aegis is just good all around.

> AP Items that are nice to have:
- Rabadon's Deathcap
- Rod of Ages
- Archangel's Staff