WTB Soraka HELP!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ikeblade

02-03-2011

How is she built? I never really understood her as a character and am not sure how her recent changes effect her gameplay.

Unparallelogram

02-03-2011

ability power for heals
whatever aura your teammates want
enough durability to be not worth focus firing

ikeblade

02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unparallelogram View Post
ability power for heals
whatever aura your teammates want
enough durability to be not worth focus firing
So Rod of Ages first for durability and AP, and AP/aura items afterwards?

CheerUpEmoKids

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-03-2011

..or play a different champ. She is very sub par.

McFatson

02-03-2011

The two general flavors of Soraka are Aura and AP. What you pick is up to you, but it's not a bad idea to build an Aegis of the Legion regardless of what you build. (Even though I myself avoid it)

A good idea would be to mix AP for better heals, and one or two Aura items. AP/Spellvamp if you're caster heavy is my favorite one to get, since it boosts you as well. Mana Regen/CRD aura is another viable option. Rod of Ages grants mana, something a careful Soraka doesn't really need any more of, so I tend to avoid it. Try for a Crystal Scepter instead, giving you health, AP, and the option of a slow via your Infuse's silence.

Unparallelogram

02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeblade View Post
So Rod of Ages first for durability and AP, and AP/aura items afterwards?
Usually, auras first. Your team will want an aegis or wota or soul shroud or something. You get some survivability as a side effect there. But if you want RoA it's probably best to rush it so it's full for midgame.

More AP will make you heal more, but going just AP makes you an easy focus target.

Frosty716

02-03-2011

Rylai's is boss

Nightdancer ND

02-03-2011

core:
Ionian Boots
Spirit Visage
Deathcap
Rylais

rest depends on enemy team

Rrbhaunoch

02-03-2011

I like to go combination AP/survivability with her. Rylai's (HPs and AP and slow on infuse/starfall), hourglass (armor and AP +active 2 second invincibility), abyssal (MR, AP and spell pen aura) is generally the base build for me. The rest is situational...if your team/lane is wracking up kills get a mejai's. If your team is too squishy you can get Aegis (health for you, armor MR and damage aura) but I generally do not since the aura is so weak. If you want more CDR you can get soul shroud (HPs, mana regen and CDR aura). If your team is very AP heavy get will of the ancients (AP + AP and spell vamp aura).

The two must have items on soraka in my opinion are merc treads and Rylai's. Another thing that you will need with Soraka is broad shoulders for when people whine at you for playing her. She is very underappreciated

Unparallelogram

02-03-2011

Lots of teams will benefit from certain auras. Soraka is often a good choice to be the ones carrying them, if you don't happen to have a Taric or something, because your main tank dps and bursters all need their own items more urgently than you need AP. If they ask for an aegis or wota or whatever you tend to be a good choice to get them. This is because she's durable enough to live through most of a team fight, and is generally not that great a choice to focus down if she builds some survivability.