Katarina Help Requested: Twisted Treeline Map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wraithalcon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

So I am a little behind the times, but I finally bought and tried out Katarina. I like what I saw last night, so I want to try to work her into my Champion rotation. Right now (in addition to getting used to her abilities) I was wondering if the community could help me with optimal runes and item build.

Currently, I selected my standard Magic DPS Runepage (Health Quints, Magic Pen Marks, Dodge Seals, and CDR/Level Glyphs).

My build order was:
-Doran's Shield
-Sorcerer's Boots
-Hextech Revolver
-Abyssal Scepter
-Needlessly Large Rod + Blasting Rod = Unfinished Deathcap
(Games ended by this point)

My Skill Order was R>Q>E>W.

I exclusively play 3v3 on Twisted Treeline (I just like that style more than 5v5), so any suggestions related to that map would be great.

I also noticed Kat is not that great at clearing Jungle Creeps, but excellent at clearing Minion waves, so I tended to focus on that inbetween teamfights.

CindyTheSeal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

Your rune page looks fine. I used to play exclusively Kat on summoner's rift before i realized that she's just not that viable cause of the increase in the number of CCs.
I basically ran the same exact runes that you have it it worked great for me. I think towards the end I switched out the health quints with some move speed/CDR/magic pen. I find Kat much slower than a lot of the other champions even with level 2 boots.

wraithalcon

02-03-2011

bump