Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Katarina Help Requested: Twisted Treeline Map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wraithalcon

02-03-2011

So I am a little behind the times, but I finally bought and tried out Katarina. I like what I saw last night, so I want to try to work her into my Champion rotation. Right now (in addition to getting used to her abilities) I was wondering if the community could help me with optimal runes and item build.

Currently, I selected my standard Magic DPS Runepage (Health Quints, Magic Pen Marks, Dodge Seals, and CDR/Level Glyphs).

My build order was:
-Doran's Shield
-Sorcerer's Boots
-Hextech Revolver
-Abyssal Scepter
-Needlessly Large Rod + Blasting Rod = Unfinished Deathcap
(Games ended by this point)

My Skill Order was R>Q>E>W.

I exclusively play 3v3 on Twisted Treeline (I just like that style more than 5v5), so any suggestions related to that map would be great.

I also noticed Kat is not that great at clearing Jungle Creeps, but excellent at clearing Minion waves, so I tended to focus on that inbetween teamfights.

CindyTheSeal

02-03-2011

Your rune page looks fine. I used to play exclusively Kat on summoner's rift before i realized that she's just not that viable cause of the increase in the number of CCs.
I basically ran the same exact runes that you have it it worked great for me. I think towards the end I switched out the health quints with some move speed/CDR/magic pen. I find Kat much slower than a lot of the other champions even with level 2 boots.

wraithalcon

02-03-2011

bump