[CS] Zasper, the Ghost Mage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lKvothe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

Lore in progress. If anyone would like to suggest a lore, let me know.

Image here
Note about image: In the art given, Zasper appears much more serious than he really is. I'm hoping to bring some more fun to League of Legends, and bring it away from the "I'm going to kill you because I'm badass like that". I'm going for cartoony over serious.

Base stats:

Quote:
Damage: 54 (+3 per level)
Health: 400 (+80 per level)
Mana: 200 (+40 per level)
Movement: 320
Armor: 12 (+3.5 per level)
Spell Block: 30 (+1 per level)
Health Regen: 1.5 (+.1 per level)
Mana Regen: 1 (+.08 per level)
Also, he is a semi ranged champion. His attacks have a range of 390.

[D]=Description
[M]=Mechanics
[C]=Cost (cooldown, mana cost, etc.)
[N]=Notes
[L]=Looks (how the skill would look)

Quote:
Innate [Spirit Scythe]: [D] Zasper's scythe is imbued with a spirit, and therefore his damage and ability power are increased as one.

[M] Zasper's physical attacks deal 20/25/30/35% of his ability power. This ranks up at level 7, 12, and 17.

[C] None, innate.

[N] This allows for his AP/AD hybrid build.

[L] Innate.
Quote:
Q [Crescent Moon]: [D] Zasper throws his scythe, dealing damage and marking all enemies hit with a mark of TERRORRR. Upon attacking an enemy who has a mark of TERRORRR, the hit applies fear.

[M] Zasper throws his scythe forward, dealing 20/50/100/150/200 damage (+ 80% of physical damage and ability power) as magic damage. He also marks the enemies with a mark of TERRORRR. Upon attacking an enemy marked with TERRORRR, the attack applies a .5 second fear.

[C] 35/45/55/65/75 mana. 9 second cooldown. Range: 750

[N] This is Zasper's main harass ability. This, coupled with his teleport and a few auto attacks, can also be used as a devastating nuke/assassin move.

[L] Just a basic weapon throw move, it would look something like Olaf's undertow except the weapon would return.
Quote:
W [Half Moon]: [D] Zasper swings his scythe in an arc in front of him, dealing damage to all enemies hit, as well as marking all enemies hit with a mark of DOOOOM, which on hit, applies a slow after a slight delay. This attack also heals Zasper for a percentage of damage dealt.

[M] Zasper swings his scythe in an arc in front of him, dealing 60/120/180/240/300 (+80% of bonus attack damage and ability power) damage in physical damage, as well as marking the enemy with a mark of DOOOOM, which applies a one second slow after a .5 second delay. This attack also heals Zasper for 10% (+ 5% for each enemy hit, maxes at 30/35/40/45/50% total) of the damage dealt.

[C] 30/40/50/60/70 mana. 6 second cooldown. Range: 425.

[N] This attack is used as a healing move, a synergy move with his Q (The debuffs are built to work together), or just a damage move.

[L] It would look just as it says, like he was swinging his weapon in an arc. All enemies hit would have a little ghost-soul come out of them and float above them for a second.
Quote:
E [Full Moon]: [D] Zasper teleports to location, applying a fear and damaging all enemies within a small radius of location.

[M] Zasper teleports to target location, dealing 20/40/60/80/100 (+50% of AD+AP) damage as well as applying a .75 second fear to all enemies in the AoE radius.

[C] 80/90/100/110/120 mana. 15 second cooldown. Range: 650. AoE range: 350.

[N] This move would be good at chasing, initiating, fleeing if you're being cornered (you could go through enemies, because of the fear) and possibly good at tower diving when you have those annoying enemies who like to run circles around the tower and watch you die.

[L] This would look like a normal portal, except when you get to your destination, Zasper would stand in a sort of "bravado" pose, with one hand on his hip and the other holding his scythe, and a demon/ghost thing would jump out from behind him and lean over him, scaring all nearby enemies.
Quote:
Ultimate [New Moon]: [D] Zasper unleashes his inner demon, fearing all nearby enemies and causing them to attack themselves in fear.

[M] Zasper unleashes his inner demon, causing all enemies to be feared for 2 seconds and causing them to deal damage to themselves. Enemies take 77.5/80/82.5% of their attack damage and 20/25/30% of their ability power in physical damage every .5 seconds, or takes 7/8/9% of their maximum health every .5 seconds in magic damage. (It picks the higher value) Zasper is channeling and unable to take any actions during his ultimate.

[C] 100/125/150 mana. 85/75/65 second cooldown. Range: 800.

[N] This move is just what it is, his ultimate. This, teamed with his teleport, can effectively take down an entire team in a team fight. Be careful though, because enemies could walk out of range during fear.

[L] Zasper would stand still and hold his scythe out in front of him, and a gigantic ghost demon thing would jump from behind him (much like his E) and scare all nearby enemies. The demon thing would stay there until the ultimate wore off.
Some ideas for combos and when to use them:

Quote:
A Q-E-W and then a few basic attacks would be a nice way to nuke/harass the enemy, without any fear of great reciprocation. Just be wary of getting too cocky, because you are fairly squishy.

E-Q and then an attack would be a great combo in chasing, because it would greatly close the distance as well as disabling your target.

E-R is a great way to initiate and harm an entire enemy team, as well as allowing your team to come in and attack the enemies.
Quote:
EDIT:
-Lowered Duration on Ultimate, but kept damage output the same.
-Added scaling to E.

lKvothe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

bump

lKvothe

02-03-2011

bump

lKvothe

02-03-2011

Oh come on guys... No feedback?

lKvothe

02-03-2011

bump

lKvothe

02-03-2011

bump

Lightning Tiger

02-03-2011

Nice champion design. This champion is a bit too op cuz all of the abilities are aoe and all does damage and all does cc. Not much variety except for heal part. He is almost like xin zhao except it's easier to play him with less skill. Plus, it would be similar to facing three xin zhao. In team fight, it would be very hard to defeat any competent team with him in it cuz of lots of cc from him. It's easy for competent player to time the fear from his three abilities so the enemy(ies) would keep running in fear for more than 5 secs, usually fatal for any teamfight or 1 v 1. Try nerfing or redesigning some abilities so some does not have what other abilities has.

And thanks for your feedback on my champion idea ^^.

Beefofdoom

02-03-2011

Do AP or AD scale with E and R?

Also, names of abilities = cheesy and lame. Having everything be 'moon' might sound clever, but I see nothing relating any of them to the moon in any way.

I think the ult is rediculously OP. Also, all his moves have CC.

lKvothe

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefofdoom View Post
Do AP or AD scale with E and R?

Also, names of abilities = cheesy and lame. Having everything be 'moon' might sound clever, but I see nothing relating any of them to the moon in any way.

I think the ult is rediculously OP. Also, all his moves have CC.
Well the mini-cc doesn't really count... At max you can chain together 1.25 fear followed by 1 second of slow with his QWE skills, which is massively inferior to, say, Fiddlesticks, who has a 3 second fear on a non-skill shot instant skill. Granted, my fear are AoE, but the fact that you need to string together your entire QWE combo to even hit for the full 1.25 seconds.

Ok, lets talk about the ult. Ever heard of Amumu? Kennen? In comparison Zasper's ultimate would really not be as overpowered as you might think. If anything I would change the duration but keep the damage output the same. Maybe 3 second duration, but take damage every .75 seconds. Sound good?

Names: I like my names because he's supposed to be all about fear/ghosts/basically Halloween. Therefore, it makes sense that his moves have to do with the night, and by association, the moon.

Scaling: I think I'll put in scaling into the E, b ut do you see a way it could fit into the ult? I just don't see it working...

lKvothe

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningtiger View Post
Nice champion design. This champion is a bit too op cuz all of the abilities are aoe and all does damage and all does cc. Not much variety except for heal part. He is almost like xin zhao except it's easier to play him with less skill. Plus, it would be similar to facing three xin zhao. In team fight, it would be very hard to defeat any competent team with him in it cuz of lots of cc from him. It's easy for competent player to time the fear from his three abilities so the enemy(ies) would keep running in fear for more than 5 secs, usually fatal for any teamfight or 1 v 1. Try nerfing or redesigning some abilities so some does not have what other abilities has.

And thanks for your feedback on my champion idea ^^.
Well see, the point is that it requires skill to team together his skills and plus, all of his skills are skillshots. The AoE are only in the E and R, and the R has been lowered in its duration. At max, you could get 4 seconds of fear total, which is barely more than Fiddlesticks' crow fear (3 seconds). I don't exactly see how he is Xin, if anything he would be a mixture of Fiddle (fear), Amumu (ult), Ezreal(teleport) and Sivir(q). I based his stats on Malzahar, Jax, and Akali. I never once looked at Xin...