Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Black Cleaver Vs. Last Whisper & Zeal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bob000

02-03-2011

x% AS from items always gives less than x% more damage because the speed increase you get as you level up is bonus AS and not base AS. A level 18 ashe with no AS items that buys a dagger (15% AS) will do 9% more damage.

Eledhan

02-03-2011

OP updated and clarified to be less confusing...

I realize now that trying to do a DPS analysis is futile...there are too many variables to consider if you want to get a true DPS number. The best thing to do is determine how many attacks it takes to break even and which build deals more damage over 4 attacks.

Eledhan

02-03-2011

Quote:
bob000:
x% AS from items always gives less than x% more damage because the speed increase you get as you level up is bonus AS and not base AS. A level 18 ashe with no AS items that buys a dagger (15% AS) will do 9% more damage.

Yeah, I know...several people have pointed this out.

Thank you for making it so clear, though.

I've removed the DPS calculation due to this exact issue...it's simply too obscure to try to include in the calculations since it can change based on which champion, abilities, champion level and other items.