A Jax Guide Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hatcher

02-03-2011

is there any benefit to having a couple life steal items as well?

DrDragun

02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsR3v3nger View Post
is there any benefit to having a couple life steal items as well?
You pick up some lifesteal incidentally with Wriggles or Gunblade, but it's not something you should seek out on purpose besides that. Wriggles is more useful on Twisted Treeline because you can place teh Wriggle Ward at a strategic spot to jump a wall (you can leap strike to your own ward) for an escape.

Jax deals 50% magic and 50% physical damage, so things like crit, magic pen, armor pen are not as valuable as just stacking AP or AD (which also boosts his passive).

I tried to find some Rylai's videos for you because everyone who plays Jax over 1600 elo is using Rylais as THE CORE item right now for the flavor of the month, but all I found were older videos of HotshotGG and Wickd using Gunblade as their core item.

Trust me no one builds straight AD Jax in competitive play.

Hatcher

02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
You pick up some lifesteal incidentally with Wriggles or Gunblade, but it's not something you should seek out on purpose besides that. Wriggles is more useful on Twisted Treeline because you can place teh Wriggle Ward at a strategic spot to jump a wall (you can leap strike to your own ward) for an escape.

Jax deals 50% magic and 50% physical damage, so things like crit, magic pen, armor pen are not as valuable as just stacking AP or AD (which also boosts his passive).

I tried to find some Rylai's videos for you because everyone who plays Jax over 1600 elo is using Rylais as THE CORE item right now for the flavor of the month, but all I found were older videos of HotshotGG and Wickd using Gunblade as their core item.

Trust me no one builds straight AD Jax in competitive play.
very helpful, thanks

CrossBlades

02-03-2011

i start out with boots of speed-go to the dodge shoes( i always forget their name) - rageblade- gunblade-trinity force-some random late game item thats good with a hybrid.

CrossBlades

02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sediti0n View Post
You want a lot of attack damage on jax. Because your relentless assault will do more damage per second with more attack speed, not necessarily having more AP. And with all the damage from bloodthirster/rageblade you dont need ability power
dont do this jax was ment for his passive stacking ad is good but you defenitly need ap in there it helps his passive + ult and all ablities. dont get straight ad.

Hatcher

02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossBlades View Post
dont do this jax was ment for his passive stacking ad is good but you defenitly need ap in there it helps his passive + ult and all ablities. dont get straight ad.
i'll keep that in mind.

does there need to be any focus on attack speed?

DrDragun

02-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsR3v3nger View Post
i'll keep that in mind.

does there need to be any focus on attack speed?
Not really. I sometimes get Malady on 3v3 which helps you get more stacks of your ult sooner and gives some MR reduction to boost all your skills. Most everyone also loves Rageblade on him. Personally I hate it but I still buy it because it's so gold efficient. I hate how it makes him even MORE back-end loaded rather than offering more up front which Malady does, but Rageblade is simply better stats for money in most cases.

Polazki

02-03-2011

I Build: Ninja tabi--->Rageblade---->Hextech---->Triforce(this is under rated, you use your skills quite often and it can make for devastating strikes.)----> and from here on out it's prefernce, normally these days i work in both blade of the occult and mejai's as once you know jax it's not hard to get kills and you can have around 4k+ life endgame with 20stacks on each if the enemy hasn't surrendered by then. But Phantom dancers and Rylai can be usefull if you're having trouble with people that somehow get away from you, and you could always sub in a banshees or another defensive item if need be.

Regardless of how you build, always work a Rageblade in there, it just amplifies his damage output extensivly and is cheap to make.

Hatcher

02-03-2011

So would this make sense
Doran's Blade -> Health Potion -> Rageblade -> Ninja Tabi -> Gunblade

DrDragun

02-03-2011

Tabis first after Doran, they are cheap and give you Move 2 and much better counterstrike procs when fighting in lane