Some help needed to counter twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nightlynx

02-03-2011

I need some advice on how to counter twitch lvls 1-8 as a ranged carry.

Runes and possible item buildups

Remember summoner spells wont come into handy as I have no idea who I'm going up against in normal games, and I use flash and ghost > flash/exhaust

thank you.

(ps Im looking for REAL advice>.<)

zaz Interactive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

Oracle and wards. That's it

Cenerae

02-03-2011

Twitch is very squishy and isn't much of a threat at low levels unless you let him stack his poison on you for an expunge. You should be able to harrass him down, just don't trade too many hits with him at once in case he gets a fully juiced expunge (which will hurt). If he's being cute by stealthing and popping up behind you (and probably packing exhaust and ignite) then spend 125 on a ward and kill him when he next tries it.

HungryKarnage

02-03-2011

Pink ward and oracle is easiest way to stop his backstabbing. If you are cheap or poor, the other method is to get someone to hide in bush and gank him when he pops out. Preferably that someone should be someone with a long stun (ww, malz) so that there is no chance for twitch to trade deaths with you.

Or keep Exhaust handy. Do note that the new Exhaust no longer blinds the target, so he can still stack the poison stacks on you for his slow and damage ability.

Worst case scenario: Play as Twitch yourself. When he cloaks, you cloak. Watch teams groan at both your passive plays.

Nightdancer ND

02-03-2011

If he isn't on the lane and also no enemy in sight. Place an invis ward in the middle of the lane.
Try to last hit the minions and hold them near your ward.
If he comes back - act innocent and gank him (best with Exhaust) => profit

Nightlynx

02-03-2011

Okay...

1 problem is that he's killing me at lvl 2 without stealth >.<

anyway, thanks for the help

HungryKarnage

02-04-2011

If he is killing you without stealth then hang back and focus on farming minions. If you are range, you should be able to range kill minions without him poking you. If he charges forward to hit you, hit him with volley/smoke grenade/double up or make it rain/ etc. Twitch is one of the range carries that don't carry a nuke skill of his own unless he hits you, so spam that advantage on him if he tries to close the gap.

Always remember if you really can't handle Twitch 1v1, ask for a lane switch for someone who says they can. It's always better to switch early and take some flak, than die and give them an advantage.

RoflTroll

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightlynx View Post
Okay...

1 problem is that he's killing me at lvl 2 without stealth >.<

anyway, thanks for the help
What terrible champion did you pick that lose to lv 2 twitch...

If he packs Exhaust/Ignite then you know he's going for early kill, so play super defensive, and buy invis ward asap.

If he packs the defensive Ghost/Flash, then you really shouldn't be losing to him, unless your champ is really, really terrible.