Veigar's AP increase

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fraenk

Adjudicator

08-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
I think that Veigar's passive just needs to be changed to adding AP for every last hit every 2-3 seconds or something like that. His current passive sucks, you never, ever, ever melee with veigar, ever. You're running along side people, dropping stuns, dropping dark matter and spamming baleful, staying in range will ALWAYS be more important than dropping a caster's AP by 25%(So ****ing small because 30-50%~ of any nuke is usually it's base damage). I don't think this would be a "OH MY GOD TOO IMBA!" because it'd be basically speeding up his early game and his mid-late game wouldn't change much because Baleful is on a 3~ second cooldown at max level -anyway-.
Well that would change a lot. Its a big difference if you kill a creeps with your skills or just lasthit them, therefore you would have all your mana for harrassing the enemy and still getting your AP every 3 secs would increase his early game potential a lot.
Im not saying that i disagree with your suggestion ^^ but its more t change than you think.

snakelife

08-16-2009

how about if last hits with baleful strike restored 50% of the base mana cost? or if you dont want to make it too similar to annie's disintegrate you could give him something like 50% reduced mana cost off your next spell after last hitting with baleful strike (lasting 10 secs or so).

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

08-16-2009

Personally I love Veigar the way he is. Last hitting the creeps like that may seem boring to some, but not many champions play like that and some people enjoy that playstyle.I have quite a bit of fun playing Veigar and often laugh at people that think he's underpowered. Still haven't been able to break 1k AP with him in a game...but have come in the 900s a few times now.

Fraenk

Adjudicator

08-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
Still haven't been able to break 1k AP with him in a game...but have come in the 900s a few times now.
Lol, one time i almost had it but then some of my team left and we lost -.-

Anyway
@snakelife. This way it would include his other spells aswell. Furthermore i dont think that he has a mana problem, this problem is about lasthitting in late game there you should have enough mana anyway.

Dakisarak

08-16-2009

maybe they could make veigar's passive a weaker version of the AP gain his baleful strike gives? and remove the AP gain from baleful strike and give it something else, idk

I mean, like, whenever veigar lands a killing blow on something he gains a bonus to his AP the way baleful does except he can kill them with anything and it doesn't give quite as much

Mozark

08-16-2009

I like Veigar a lot, but I think he's not really up to par yet. The key is making the changes fit in his unique style.

IMO,
#1 problem with him is his passive just isn't good. Agree with a small passive perm AP gain, or a temporary AP buff from killing blows would be nice and fits a unique playstyle that could be balanced rather easily.

#2 problem is his ult is not really befitting a MASTER of evil, more like the master of spellcaster nuisances. Sure, this is a niche and one he fills well but it would be so much better if i could do something against a stacked team with 4 tanks on it.

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

08-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozark View Post
I like Veigar a lot, but I think he's not really up to par yet. The key is making the changes fit in his unique style.

IMO,
#1 problem with him is his passive just isn't good. Agree with a small passive perm AP gain, or a temporary AP buff from killing blows would be nice and fits a unique playstyle that could be balanced rather easily.

#2 problem is his ult is not really befitting a MASTER of evil, more like the master of spellcaster nuisances. Sure, this is a niche and one he fills well but it would be so much better if i could do something against a stacked team with 4 tanks on it.

A master of evil would have a passive that allowed 25% of the damage from his spells to splash imo >.>.

Kidding. I still think Veigar is fine just takes attention to detail in both last hitting and targetting his abilities.

Mozark

08-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
I still think Veigar is fine just takes attention to detail in both last hitting and targetting his abilities.
Agree he is an attention hog but i'm talking about his passive. For a hero that is all about stunning/nuking his passive doesn't make any sense for him, it would seem to fit a tank a lot better. (if any pros want to correct me I'd be glad to hear it) I remember thinking that on game 1 with him and still do.

Rokudan

The Council

08-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozark View Post
Agree he is an attention hog but i'm talking about his passive. For a hero that is all about stunning/nuking his passive doesn't make any sense for him, it would seem to fit a tank a lot better. (if any pros want to correct me I'd be glad to hear it) I remember thinking that on game 1 with him and still do.

Yea...I never really pay attention / use his passive at all x.x. Cause really, if it's a champion that has enough AP to be worried about using the passive, chances are they also have a lot of mana and it's time to just kill them instead.

Mozark

08-16-2009

Yes, exactly. I don't think anyone would sit there and think, hmm that Ryze sure has a lot of AP, i better auto attack him first to reduce it then try to kill him.... By the time your auto-attack finishes you've already been grinded into a fine dust.

We need a passive that makes him more useful against a range of targets vs very rarely if ever used against high AP targets.