Veigar's AP increase

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fraenk

Adjudicator

08-15-2009

Hi,
first of all i want to add this (i posted it somewhere else)

Quote:
About Veigar,
i think hes fine. Sure in early game he isnt that great and it is allways a good move to stay outside a battle and cast your stuff but he is extremly devastating in late game even to hereos who dont have a huge mana pool, he just needs some farm till then (y and maybe a bit more hitpoints because if you have to buy them for him then you dont have enough money to get usefull ^^).
He can kill entire waves with one single cast and i remember a game where i killed a karthus with only my ultimate.
Well i still think his stun could need a little improve. it is very diffucult to escape from an enemy who stands right besides you, if you set your circle just a mm wrong he will kill you while you walk to the other end of the pit, so it would be good if the edge of the circle would be thicker so you can be sure to hit with it.
I thought about this a little and i think what Veigar needs, is that his Dark Matter also increases his AP per Kill. I know it sounds a bit overpowered at the beginning but it isnt if you also increase its mana cost. You see first of all i wouldnt skill it anyway at the beginning because stun is more important in early game and with the increased mana costs it wouldnt worth it to farm AP with Dark Matter.
I think the problem is that due to the AP steal of your first spell you are foreced to lasthit every creep with it and this takes just to much time and is borring too. In late game you have enough mana to use it often that provides you the chance to push fast even if you are alone on a line because you dont have to kill every creep with your first skill. It would speed the game a bit up for the one who plays Veigar and it doenst end in a borring farm.
AP is the only thing Veigar needs and without it its not fun to play him anymore.

Gimpb

08-15-2009

I agree, dark matter should give AP. He would probably need nerfs in other areas to compensate as you implied, though.

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

08-15-2009

I think this has been suggested when he had his old passive... I really don't think he needs such a huge buff. I love Veigar hes one of my favorite heroes! Hes alot of fun and really good. Just because hes a bit boring early game doesn't mean he needs massive buffs

Lollerman

08-15-2009

Disagree, as proposed change would lead to one optimised build and allow little room for alternatives that can also be competitive; even if it deviates from "regular" builds.

Duffie

08-15-2009

I think Veiger needs just a little bit increased survivability. He really seems squishy when compared to other caster's for some reason. I have seen him played well before, but I always find myself as a weak support hero when I play Veigar. I also dislike his ultimate, it just seems a little bland myself. His other abilities aren't really directed at killing casters, why is his ultimate anti-caster. I'd rather have an ultimate that screams Master of Evil!

He has the potential for awesome, I just think it is a little harder to reach for him than other heroes.

Lobotomized

08-15-2009

I think veigar is fine the way he is.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2009

dark matter could give a fraction of an ap point? like .3 a kill?

Schwiddy

08-15-2009

I think veigar is just fine the way he is also. He has very nice survivability. The fact that you can block almost entire lane with a stun should be enough survivability for you to run away. I usually go with flash also with veigar, so with that and a huge stun radius is a lot of survivability.

Haly

08-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerman View Post
Disagree, as proposed change would lead to one optimised build and allow little room for alternatives that can also be competitive; even if it deviates from "regular" builds.
There's already little room for "regular" builds because Dark Matter far outclasses Baleful Strike and Event Horizon is a staple.

Solus

08-15-2009

I think that Veigar's passive just needs to be changed to adding AP for every last hit every 2-3 seconds or something like that. His current passive sucks, you never, ever, ever melee with veigar, ever. You're running along side people, dropping stuns, dropping dark matter and spamming baleful, staying in range will ALWAYS be more important than dropping a caster's AP by 25%(So ****ing small because 30-50%~ of any nuke is usually it's base damage). I don't think this would be a "OH MY GOD TOO IMBA!" because it'd be basically speeding up his early game and his mid-late game wouldn't change much because Baleful is on a 3~ second cooldown at max level -anyway-.