Current state of Udyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

604iakhno

02-02-2011

Hey I'm going to try and master jungle-tankish Udyr, but with all the recent changes to him I don't know where to strart..? Here's a rough outline of what I have in mind:

1-21-8
ASpeed reds
Armor yellows
Mp5/lvl blues
Health quints (movespeed when I can afford)

Armor + pots

But I don't know what his jungle route now is, or what skills to level first. What do I start off with? From what I understand, turtle is slower but safer, while Phoenix is faster but more dangerous. Please help me out. Also I'll try and watch some SoloMid GuardmanBob streams to learn a bit.

Doriantv

02-02-2011

You can't do Turtle Jungling, dude, you need a full set of Flat CDR Runes. Still, you should be fine for Phoenix or Tiger jungling. You can go 2 routes:

Blue golem, wolves, wraiths, lizard, little golems, Level 4 Gank
Wolves, Wraiths, Little Golems, Bluepill (buy Boots), Golem, wolves, wraiths, lizard, little golems, Level 5 Gank

Both ways can be done with Phoenix or Tiger. Phoenix (RWRER skill order) gives you more farm, faster jungling, and AoE DPS. Tiger gives you better ganks, faster dragon/baron/buffs, and better single-target DPS. Builds for both are similar: you go tanky items. Lategame, Phoenix works better with a Trinity Force or an AS item, Tiger synergizes better with a Bloodthirster.

604iakhno

02-02-2011

OK I just tried it out in a practice game and here's what I came up with:

I went 1-19-10 for buff duration (totally didn't think of that while writing my post)
RWRE first 4 skills. After that, in a real game, I imagine it's situational.
Cloth + pots.
1st trip back boots + madreds.
2nd trip back lantern + etcetc
Does that sound OK?

One more question: if going very very tankish, isn't Frozen Heart a godlike item on him? Armor, Mana, CDR (25%!!!) AND slows opposing Champs' ASPD.

Doriantv

02-02-2011

Frozen Heart is decent on him, but Randuin's is usually preferred. Be sure to watch Guardsman Bob stream, but keep in mind that many High Elo Udyrs play completely differently than him. Some rush Wriggles and play Tiger (QWQEQ) instead of Phoenix.

604iakhno

02-02-2011

Thanks! Usually I try to read a lot of guides prior to starting a new champ but AFAIK his abilities have been changed recently and the guides are not always up-to-date. I'll try to do more research and of course watch some Solomid Guardsman hehe. Thanks again.