Renekton Building

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Detonated999

02-04-2011

Black Cleaver is an ABSOLUTE MUST on Renekton. It turns his W into a very formidable "nuke".

I typically rush Brutalizer/Lucid Boots/Hexdrinker , then ill sell Hexdrinker about mid game , get Black Cleaver/Spirit Shroud and the rest is just situational.

Brut/Lucid Boots/Black Cleaver/Spirit Shroud is a very solid core build thats easy to farm up.

Lekyaira

02-04-2011

I tried out Stark's on Ren last night and loved it! This item feels very necessary on this champ. Thanks for the tip.
I think Stark's+black cleaver+brutalizer are probably core items.

dirtystyle

02-04-2011

I agree with getting brutalizer and black cleaver. I think IE and last whisper may be more situation.

My question is why not get something like trinity force or guinsoo's rageblade. both of these items have both AD, AP, and AS. or is this to much of a hybrid type build?

Also, if you don't get some sort of armor, you are hurting yourself. if there is lots of melee get something like spirit visage, or even a cheap thornmail. lots of casters, get banshee's or FoN. but no armor is a bad idea IMO. Sunfire might even be a viable option as well.

Murder Turtle

Adjudicator

02-04-2011

You dont get AP because the only skill that uses Ap is his ult, and the ratio is like point 1 to 1. its terrible and not worth the effort.

dirtystyle

02-04-2011

Quote:
You dont get AP because the only skill that uses Ap is his ult, and the ratio is like point 1 to 1. its terrible and not worth the effort.
Ah... ok thanks. I must have either misread the ability just got confused about it while reading...

PurePyramid

02-04-2011

I agree with Renekton being a good damage dealer, but do not forget the situation where you play in a normal game, you have locked down your Renekton and nobody else picks another melee champs. You have to be a tank.

corallein

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePyramid View Post
I agree with Renekton being a good damage dealer, but do not forget the situation where you play in a normal game, you have locked down your Renekton and nobody else picks another melee champs. You have to be a tank.
I prefer that to games where everyone locks in melee heroes.

Because Trynd/Garen/Olaf/Shen/---- make a good team.

Edit: I would like to say that starting with Vampiric Scepter or Doran's Blade are both BAD ideas unless you're laning with a healer (Taric, Soraka, Sona). You don't get any pots with them, and to heal you have to auto-attack and push the creeps, both which make you more vulnerable to harass (being a melee-ranged champion) and ganks. The only way it works is if you're laning against melee champions with no pokes (eg. Trynd) or if your lane partner is way better at harassing than both of the other team. Doran's Shield or something like Boots + Ward + Pots are generally safer and better starting options.

Edit 2:
Link to Elementz talking about how he plays Ren: http://reignofelementz.com/?p=743