Renekton Building

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kintai

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulwy View Post
So what if someone stuns you?

Silences?

Roots and runs?

Does anything at all that lowers your damage output in any way?

You do far better building beefy, walking in the middle of the enemy team, and killing whoever has the lowest HP. Repeat until either you drop dead or the enemy team lacks a pulse.
There are numerous counter to such and you aren't the only player on the team. I am not talking about a 1v5 situation. Merc Treads counters all of that and your tanks and other damage/ CC characters help you.

Mortaken

02-02-2011

How can you justify not rushing a brutalizer on this guy

Kintai

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortaken View Post
How can you justify not rushing a brutalizer on this guy
That is viable, I just believe that saving up for a B.F sword is much better since you get much more attack damage and it builds into a better item for Renekton.

eljimbobo

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintai View Post
(Renekton already has low cool-down)
stopped reading

Kalshazzak

02-02-2011

vamp scepter increasing sustainability on a melee champ? Man stomping with that build must be easy since you can free farm it up.

EDIT: LOL, taking blue golem on a manaless champ too?

Dakkas

02-02-2011

Quote:
So what you guys are saying is that I should go and get randiuns and sunfire on pantheon, xin, and gangplank because i'll die if I do not and be useless? Great ideas. How about you read my post before commenting. If you cannot sustain yourself in a team fight without going a tank dps character then I am sorry to say but you are terrible players. I do not mean to offend you guys, but if I can do it before the patch and rape with him, pantheon, and other dps characters without using them as tanks then good players should be able to as well. Dps characters only really need hp to sustain (depending on the circumstance and character, such as olaf who needs wrecks with tanks dps build because of his skills) themselves and good players know that, that is why I am sharing my knowledge to people who need help, not so players can ignore my posts, not try it out, and use baseless information to counteract my argument. Like I said, you can win with tank Renekton, but I can go dps Kassadin and wreck people if I want. Yet again, being a viable build and the best viable build is different.
If you turned yourself into a glass cannon then you're playing with bad people if they don't CC you into next year

Sykper

02-02-2011

My Build:
Vampiric Scepter (starting item)
Ionian boots of Lucidity
(Depending on how well you farmed/killed at this point)
either Emblem of Valour or Stark's Frevor (regardless, grab Starks ASAP)
Spirit Visage

Let me explain why these 3 items should be the build for every Renekton:

- While Renekton should be a carry, his abilities rely more on reducing the enemy armor and draining as much health as possible, and keeping them still. His ult gives him a bunch of health back, which works wonders with his passive.

- With that said, Renekton builds around three ideas, that every auto attack gives him fury, that he reduces the enemy armor, and he gets health back. Ionian boots are amazing on Renekton because while his Q does have a much faster CD after the patch, his W and E are still 10+ second CDs, as such CDR makes him able to use those much faster.

- Stark's Fervor is a cheap teamfight based item, however with the large AS bonus to himself and passive 20% lifesteal, Renekton takes full advantage of ALL his abilities when using that item to its fullest, regardless of whether or not the team has another ranged or melee carry. Reducing enemy armor helps him and allies, and the health regen on the item is a plus for everyone regardless. It is almost a sin not to build Stark's on Renekton regardless of the situation.

- Finally we come to the mandatory defensive item spirit visage. While it gives a bit of defensive stats like health and magic resist, what really makes visage useful is the CDR and the self-healing buff! With even more CDR, his W, E, and R will come up immensely faster. Self-Healing only makes his Q all the more powerful, talk about healing for large amounts of damage when in a teamfight or even farming on your own! We are talking Tyrndamere healing here!

The last 3 items are situational and based upon how the enemy is built FIRST, before your team. As a melee carry you benefit only so much from going Soul Stroud or other team-based items, you should focus at this point on some damage items.

- Madreds is useful for more AS, damage, and abilities to blow up tanks even faster
- Brutalizer (maybe even into Ghostblade) is useful when the enemy is packing some Armor!
- Bloodthirster, Infinity Edge are for "KILL THOSE CASTERS FAST" builds
- Guardian Angel, Randuins are for "Gotta live long in this teamfight to stun/help my team kill" builds
- Frozen Mallet is useful for chasing.

Please understand this simple concept: It is up to YOU to decide how the last three items will build, I could carry this on to about 6+ builds for different situations, but as this is not a guide to renekton I am only giving some hints

But what do I know? I mean, I only played him on the free week, I can't be an expert for every champ, but my build does net me my ganks and get me assists while dying far less times.

Peace.

Mortaken

02-02-2011

Quote:
That is viable, I just believe that saving up for a B.F sword is much better since you get much more attack damage and it builds into a better item for Renekton.
I tend to think that bf-sword items are lackluster for AD-based casters like Panth, Garen, and now, Renekton. Not being an autoattacking character, the only synergy he has is with black cleaver getting multiple procs on his W. Yes Bloodthirster is the most cost effective way to get pure AD (minus sword of the occult stacks) but I'm still not impressed with his AD scaling (if i'm not mistaken Pantheon's rank 5 spear is still +160%). The only thing that scales well is his stun.

Renekton is a really boring character to itemize because he only benefits from 3 stats (CDR, AD, and Armor Pen). So many offensive items have wasted stats. Brutalizer in and of itself is an incredibly cost-efficient item and gives Renekton everything he desperately needs, nothing he doesn't, and is available very early in the game. An early brutalizer can sway the early game in your favor.

I also look at Renekton like the old pre-nerf/buff Mordekaiser, where magic pen was the more cost-effective way of increasing your dmg output than building AP was. I feel I get more out of brutalizer + last whisperer than anything else. And the youmoo's passive is so versatile, giving you a ghetto ghost, boosted dps, and tower pushing ability.

Kintai

02-03-2011

My build goes when using cool down glyphs, dodge seals, and armor pen marks with flat health quints. Anyways, if you guys want to go into this with a pessimistic mind set then you have nothing to say here. The build works in an amazing manner, if you don't want to use it then it is better for me when I face a Renekton.

Koburoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

The most effective build for Renekton is NOT pure damage. Melee range characters are WAY to easy to stun and focus. Pure damage renekton lacks the sustainabilty to last more than five seconds. Add a stun to stop his (fairly low) lifesteal, and he's dead. The only way to build Renekton is tough (tanky) DPS.

My build (I jungle) Wriggles -> Merc Treads(unless they have no CC) ->Brutalizer -> Sunfire -> FoN (order of these depends on comp) -> Ghostblade -> GA/IE.