Need help with Kayle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghost13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2011

Rageblade first, its imo the best item for kayle, then i get a Fiendish Codex for mana regen and cdr, i'll get a Banshees next because without one i often find myself disabled when i'm about to use my ult. Then i'll finish Nashor's Tooth.

Kvoth3

02-02-2011

I get a dorans ring, or two if I am hurting in the lane early one, followed by boots and the feindish codex.

The codex builds into your nashor's tooth later, and gives you some early AP, mana regen, and cooldown reduction.

After the codex, build your rageblade, then finish your Nashor's tooth. After that? Grab a defensive item like banshees or aegis (I'm a huge aegis fan, since it gives very solid defense against an all-around enemy team). After your defensive item, go for a gunblade or a deathcap.

Dark Sativa

02-02-2011

Best build is
Ring (2v1) Meki's (1v1) - Rageblade - CDR boots- Nashor's - Deathcap - Hextech

Hardest thing about doing well with Kayle is being able to last hit creeps while avoiding early harass and laying down harass of your own in between last hits to make ganks viable.
Max E, then W, and only put one point into Q, and then only when you feel you're strong enough to kill whoever you're up against. Otherwise, don't waste mana on a single Q, ever. Your mana is your farm and staying power, and Q is a waste if it doesn't net you a kill while laning.
Pop E to get last hits. Don't attack creeps you aren't going to last hit; send those E shots at the enemy laners instead. It really adds up, especially with the regeneration nerfs.
Most games I have the most CS at 15 min out of both teams, because I stay safe and push the other laner(s) back once or twice, and sometimes get a kill besides.
You always need to have a solo lane. Always. If you're going to duo, don't play Kayle unless your laning partner knows what farming is, and knows how to let the carry get all the last hits. Sometimes I still have wet dreams about the time I laned with a pro Sona as Kayle.... every last hit off every creep, with Sona's *sick* early game harassing power. Denied, denied, harassed, she hit 6 and we rolled them multiple times. If this isn't going to be your duo lane, don't play Kayle duo, because she *needs* every last hit to be effective.
Being a good Kayle means, above all, being a pro last hitter early game.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2011

Have a look at this Kayle guide, it should help.

Infinite Power

02-02-2011

Kayle has been my main until lvl 23 which where I decided to play Fiddle.(I suck at Fiddle HARD) Since I think they are both kind of similar and I think it's time for me to change and play other champions.

So from my gaming experiences and a lot of online resources, I will teach you everything I know on how to be Legendary with Kayle.

Summoner Spells: Flash and Ignite/Clarity/Teleport/Cleans (I choose Clarity because Kayle is mana starved early-mid game, and I would like to stay in the lane more to farm and harass)

Masteries: 9/021

Runes:
Mark - Insight (Magic Pen)
Seal - Clarity (Mana Regen/lvl)
Glyph - Focus (Flat CD)
Quint - Fortitude (Flat Health)

Items:
Doran's Ring
Boots of Speed
Rageblade (Grab Blasting Wand first)
Boots of Speed --> Sorc's (If you are doing well) or Merc's (If the enemy team has a lot CCs)
Nashor's tooth (Grab Stinger first)
Gunblade (Grab Hextech Revovler first)
Those are the core items for Kayle.

For the last two item spots (If you would delete your Doran's)
you can go either more AP or more Survival depending on the game.

Here are some choices:

Banshee's Veil

Abyssal Scepter

Deathcap

another Gunblade

Malady

Lich Bane

Ability sequence:
1. Reckoning (The slow is very good if you and your partner feel like ganking right from the beginning)
2. Rightouse Fury or Divine Blessing
3. Pick the one that didn't get picked for your No. 2 ability

From here, you now need to make the decision and it might effect your game play, your partner, yourself, and your lane. If you and your partner are being harassed badly by the enemy team, then MAX your Divine Blessing first. If you and your partner feel like you are pwning the enemy team, then MAX your Reckoning first. After that, MAX the one that didn't get chose. Lastly, MAX your Righteous Fury. And always get your ulti when available.

Things you need know about Kayle:
1. Kayle is very Item depended, she needs her core items to shine
2. Kayle is very mana starved early-mid game, so spam less skills.

Tips/Tricks:
I pefer to go side lines because Kayle does more potential in side lines than mid. After all, she is a support

Kayle's early game is very tough.... You need to farm a lot with Kayle, that is why last hitting is important since she needs a lot of gold for her core items to shine, which is why she is great during mid-late game. Also, avoid getting harassed by the enemy.

Reckoning - This skill slows down the enemy and on top of that, it increases a % of your damage to the enemy. A great skill to cast onto the enemy before fighting and to chase down enemy since the range is fairly big.

Divine Blessing - This skill is amazing, not only it heals, but it increases your movement speed. Good skill to ESCAPE and to CHASE DOWN enemy. Heal yourself and your partner when on low health and heal yourself or your partner to chase down low health enemy. Also, use it when you are going to the lane after you used recall(B). Due to the CDR from your masteries and runes, you can spam this skill right before the effect ends. This helps you to reach your destination much more quickly, it's like an ever ending Ghost spell.

Righteous Fury - This skill turns your melee attack into range attack. And with Rageblade, you can take down enemy turrets in the lane or enemies in team fights easily. And with Reckoing cast onto the enemy before hand, you can dish out some serious damage to the enemy. Then he will be running for his life and then you use your Divine Blessing and Reckoning and Righteous Fury again.... "You have slain an enemy"

Last but not least... Kayle's ultimate: Intervention
This is probably the BEST skill out of all the other Kayle's abilities. This skill creates an orange shield that immune to ALL DAMAGE for 3sec. (But not CCs like Slows or Stuns) A Terrific skill for you and your teammates. But mostly for your teammates, unless the enemy team is focusing on you and wants to take you out first LOL. The range of your ulti is large, and with the max CDR which is 40%, you can use your ulti every 40sec (I think) and that is sick. How do u think the enemy will feel when they can't kill you or your teammates. Always remember to cast your ulti when you or your teammate at low health OR when you think the enemies next attack is going to be their burst damage (or highest point of damage, like Cho's ulti or other abilities that deals a massive damage) because it can really pisses them off when you ulti you or your teammate when that happens.

In conclusion, Kayle is a great champion. Not OP or UP. But often ppl sees her as a underpowered champion (a garbage). Even though early-mid game might be slow and tough. But once you have enough gold to get the core items, you can be as good as every other champions, and not to mention, being the carry of your team. Her skills are not tricky to use and it's very useful in combat and for survival (especially when Karthus uses his ulti). Her combo, Reckoning + Righteous Fury kicks ass, Divine Blessing for heal, escape, and chasing down enemy, and her ulti Intervention saves lives.(IMO, it needs a buff..... why does Trynd have 5sec for his ulti, but Kayle with only 3sec.... I suggest buff it to 5sec)

So overall, she is not a underpowered champion if you can farm enough and not feed. She can be very aggressive in late games and can be the team's carry when itself is fed.

BadgerDrool

02-03-2011

I've found a certain degree of success playing similar to Gankplanks move, scoot, and THEN engage to kill playstyle.

Namely you prioritize AD and AP. If the item doesn't have one or the other you don't want it.

You also often won't be able to near 100% uptime your E. Instead you float until you think you can kill someone during it's duration.

Another key is to level E early to get it's duration up to increase uptime. (Instead of CDR to lower cooldown)

Notably after rageblade I'll grab a BFsword if I can afford it. Turning it into a Black Cleaver for the combination of solid AS and AD (and a decent -arm effect that helps you brute force down squishies quickly).

I make no claims this is better then the standard method. But it has some benefits. Not maxing Q and CDR early results in better mana management. Due to Q costing less and you using E less often for hopefully greater effect. Maxing E actually puts you at the point where you can fast farm/push lanes hard much sooner. Hopefully hitting a point where like Sivir you can auto a wave down really quick and retreat to safety.
Given the impact of actually having farm on Kayle, it's a trade off I've been making for what I assume is a weaker early game fight damage output. (Q's damage boost % effects your physical damage too and it hititng harder helps give a bit of burst. Maxing E results in possibly better sustained but weaker burst.)

Overall it's worked okay for me. I think it'd be a more viable style if her E was changed to a toggle / didn't have the E uptime issues baseline.

I think I'll do the math for Manamune vs AA actually. Manamune would be much easier for her to max I think....

Kvoth3

02-03-2011

I disagree with CDR boots, since Nashors gives you 25% already, and if you go 9/0/21 you will already be approaching max cooldown anways. It seems like a waste, and you're better off with mercs or swiftness rather than the CDR.

Koburoo

02-03-2011

As said many times, Guinsoos, Nashars. I'd also reccomend Hextech Gunblade because of the lifesteal/spell vamp gives insane staying power with Righteous Fury. After that I build survivability (FoN/Thornmail). Kayle needs survivability so she won't be focused causing you to ult yourself, you want to save that ult for your DPS.

Polazki

02-03-2011

Hey there, I play Kayle a lot, I normally Build a manamune first for the extra mana and mp5 along with attack damage(which means more ap) I can definatly agree with rage-blade as it lends a large amount of dps and ap for your heals. Hex-tech works afterwards for survival and another slow along with more ap/damage. The boots you use depend on the situation, sometimes berserker's works really well, sometimes swiftness, or ionia. As for the rest of your items ramadans can work great giving you a huge damage and healing boost along side an infinity edge can make for some massive criticals.

Edit: as with badger, I forgo getting CDR items, i find they're simply unnecessary, I play a well rounded farmer/support early to midgame and mid to lategame you can still support with a high dps output and decent survivability between your heals and intervention. Not to mention Manamune cancels any manastarved complaints throughout the whole game.